Ok so the BMW is too much money, back to the original Hooligan naked bike....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had a 2001 s3, it was the 955 flavour and still way too much fun. would love another in the 1050 flavour one day, they can be had for like $6k out this way, say 2006-2008

The Triumph triples which are a bit older are selling here (FL) for very reasonable prices.

I just referred a new rider who works for me to a used BMW R1200GS. He rode it but his wife didn't like it. He has never owned a bike & has a MSF course under his belt. I suggested this was a great bike to have and would be low maintenance & long-lasting.

Nice bike but seeing that they weren't produced until 1989, I'd say the Vmax is still the Original Hooligan Bike (Naked, standard, muscle or however you want to classify it) !

A guy offered me a Triumph 955i the other day for my Max. Too much plastic for my liking. Plastic bikes, imo have 0 personality. On that note, another guy just yesterday offered me 3 mid 90s Kawi ZX 1100's.....ugly bikes, no thanks

Nice bike but seeing that they weren't produced until 1989, I'd say the Vmax is still the Original Hooligan Bike (Naked, standard, muscle or however you want to classify it) !

Actually if your going to go back, I would say the 1969 Honda CB 750 was one of the original hooligan bikes. Before that probably the Vincent Black Shadow :biglaugh:

Actually if your going to go back, I would say the 1969 Honda CB 750 was one of the original hooligan bikes. Before that probably the Vincent Black Shadow :biglaugh:
While both those are strong bikes, they just don't have the "attitude" I associate with a Hooligan bike.

Attachments

• HONDA_DREAM-CB750FOUR.jpg
    HONDA_DREAM-CB750FOUR.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Vincent_Series_C_Black_Shadow_1950.jpg
    Vincent_Series_C_Black_Shadow_1950.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 14
Well the H2 was named, but the H1 wasn't. If you're looking for a bike that made everything-else pale in comparison, as-far as giving you thrills, chills, and pushing your adrenal glands to work overtime, flushing into your kidneys and leaving you a quivering, shaking, damp-browed motorcyclist, probably in-need of new BVD's, then the H1 was The Bike. Sure, the H2 was more of the same, but the H1 stole a lot of the limelight from the Honda 750-4 because of that powerband, its ability to wheelie with ridiculous ease, and the reputation it got for evil handling. I had one, a 1971, and it was a lot of fun. My friend w/a brand-new Sportster 1000, their first year, couldn't beat me, ever.
images
images
images
images
images
images

The Vincent Black Shadow was a bike with no Father. The original "Bastard Machine" and none the worse for it but it was a pretty crude machine by even 60's standards despite it's performance numbers. My choice would be the Ariel square four. My Dad had one with a Side car attatched (how embarrasing) I was very little at the time but he still raves to this day about how powerful, reliable and just an easy to ride bike it was. Never ridden one myself and the old days are easily remembered with nostalgia. Original hooligan bike in my era ? No doubt about it; The Kawasaki KH750 triple series. Absolute Bedlam on wheels and if anyone thinks a VMax doesn't handle they really should try an old KH. They weren't called the "Widow Makers" for no reason.

Chris.

Latest posts

Back