Okay I got my self the Gen 1 Buza forks, but now where I find the triple clamps...???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sean has more contacts for VMax'es than probably anyone. People like CaptainKyle, Sean, dannymax, Damon, Paul Civitello (Mad Max of chain-drive fame) and others who participate here are the reason the site is successful.

Note that Patineto is already a supporting member of the forum, so this is directed to those who may consider becoming a supporting member, but who haven't:

I'm going to place here a reasonable request, that if you have benefitted from the content of the forum, that you consider becoming a supporting member. If you click on your name in the upper right, you will see a list, one of which is Account Upgrades. Even if times are tough for you, making a donation of whatever you can, will help to keep the forum online.

Occasionally I make an error, so having peer review by the other VMax-centric members, helps to correct anything amiss in a post, by me or by others. I try to be accurate, but sometimes an error occurs. Obviously it's not intentional, but it happens.

Sean has more contacts for VMax'es than probably anyone. People like CaptainKyle, Sean, dannymax, Damon, Paul Civitello (Mad Max of chain-drive fame) and others who participate here are the reason the site is successful.

Note that Patineto is already a supporting member of the forum, so this is directed to those who may consider becoming a supporting member, but who haven't:

I'm going to place here a reasonable request, that if you have benefitted from the content of the forum, that you consider becoming a supporting member. If you click on your name in the upper right, you will see a list, one of which is Account Upgrades. Even if times are tough for you, making a donation of whatever you can, will help to keep the forum online.

Occasionally I make an error, so having peer review by the other VMax-centric members, helps to correct anything amiss in a post, by me or by others. I try to be accurate, but sometimes an error occurs. Obviously it's not intentional, but it happens.
I have been around motorcycle forums and before that Mailing list mostly for bmw GS's and to my experience this is Forum is one of the most hardcore [Thanks to you Medic], well intended forums I ever participate...

I had four Vmax's so far, the First had every trick, go fast part you ever desire but i did not touch it, we had expert engine geeks are beside the stupid tires and Flimsy forks it was a total rocket (I had a RC30 as a Personal bike back then, so the differences in the turns where very obvious..

the 2th and 3th just for fun from people that soil their pants and got them super cheap,, but they where never my main bike..
For example i always had a Thumper a Big ass sexy Thumper (Ktm'sss, Vertimatti's, VOR's, Huzaberg's, Husky's) and my girlfriends will always chose the Single out of every bike i had (Usually about 4)
in any case i really happy that my stupid question had answers and to be around such a passionate group even if my main object is a very different kind of ride, Then again now i live on flat land so a big single will be a waste of rings and oil changes after every ride (four of those singles only Took ONE Quart and I change oil every sunday, totally Emulsified and Useless [Use Dale Lineweaver oil only, that guy know more about singles than the whole KTM connive..]..

Only if the Dislexia joke stop, I had ear each one of them since kinder garden (I had max level on the 16 different variations)

Parallel question

What modifications are require to fit the hayabuza clamps to the vmax steer tube/Head stock [willing to make one if i have too]

Or just swap frame bearings if is possible

You will not fit the busa forks into the stock clamps. Not enough meat there. The stem is completely different and would require modification of the lower to reuse the busa lower with a Vmax stem and or a custom stem that can use Vmax steering bearings. You will fix much simpler adaptation usually with Yamaha to Yamaha.
One option I have not tried to completely fit yet was an inverted set from a 90's Suzuki Marauder. The overall length is Very Very close to the Vmax. And I think the stem may even be a very close fit. In my pile (older pic but I thikn I have most of these still), the longer silver ones on the left in the pic are the Marauder ones. All are basically aligned to the axle. The single on the far left is the FZR1000. YZF far right and another set of FZR's next to it. Bright gold I think is 09 R1, black I think is 05 R1. Busa in the middle. 02 R1 next to that as I recall.
IMG_20160709_130712877.jpg

To use the gixxr triples on my fj1200s simply added weld to the bottom of the fj stem then machined it down to fit the bottom of the gixxr triple. But the fj sport touring gixxr sport bike. Rake and trail were close. Actually helped the fj better turn in. And still very stable.
But I'm sure its not even close with the vmax.

You will not fit the busa forks into the stock clamps. Not enough meat there. The stem is completely different and would require modification of the lower to reuse the busa lower with a Vmax stem and or a custom stem that can use Vmax steering bearings. You will fix much simpler adaptation usually with Yamaha to Yamaha.
One option I have not tried to completely fit yet was an inverted set from a 90's Suzuki Marauder. The overall length is Very Very close to the Vmax. And I think the stem may even be a very close fit. In my pile (older pic but I thikn I have most of these still), the longer silver ones on the left in the pic are the Marauder ones. All are basically aligned to the axle. The single on the far left is the FZR1000. YZF far right and another set of FZR's next to it. Bright gold I think is 09 R1, black I think is 05 R1. Busa in the middle. 02 R1 next to that as I recall.
View attachment 92202
Do you know if the marauder triples have a close rake and trail as the vmax. And are the forks the same diameter as the busa/gxxr ?
Then I could get Marauder triples have the stem of the Vmax altered (if need be)
And use a set of my extended gxxr forks.

View attachment 92202
Wow The Savior of the Park to the rescue again...
I can not thank you enough, i when the Buza way out of plain "That bike is really fast and heavy so the forks most be really strong" but really no much else..

changing/making the steer tube is not a big deal, plus i found this place that sell you "Adapters" for pretty cheap too..
https://www.allballsracing.com/stee...GiVlF-eMilhMt4-AbOeOLhsj2bPbnkitRsTr6pqDJM_Xo
but i can not bring my self to install one of those ridiculous Six bolt lower tree and then a "Drop Clamp" so the forks can reach the upper triple clamp..

Again I can not thank you enough, Marauder it is...

Do you know if the marauder triples have a close rake and trail as the vmax. And are the forks the same diameter as the busa/gxxr ?
Then I could get Marauder triples have the stem of the Vmax altered (if need be)
20231214_145719.jpg
Okay I got my self a set of Long Marauder Forks, they look like Sh^t but I don't really care..

i ever got a Insurance for a year for $15 (I had a issue with a 77 LG OLED and LG was unresponsive, just passing the ball around, I call Allstate, they ask me to take a few pictures and they refund the cost of purchase (almost $2800) the same day and i got to keep the Tv too with a little defect but still totally watchable..

So what wheel do i need now...??
the triple trees look super narrow plus the marauder wheel is a Single disc and SIXTEEN INCH...

I'm not complain i'm just asking for a Consensus, that same head stock bearing places sell conversion kits for wheels, so 'm not super worried about, plus i can also get wider triple trees, what is critical is FORK LENGTH and not thank to Sean I have it...

Hey Dude thank you very much for saving my Butt and my bank account, I don't need a $20.000 Vmax I just need a pair of forks that feel solid and do not flex to much..

Last edited:
I let you know in a week when they Arrive, usually cruisers have more rake [more distance in between the head stock center and the Axle center but the Vmax is also a cruiser so maybe is not so bad..

Here is the search results, they have pretty much every model of every brand listed

Niw to wait for the diameter of the brake rotors andvthe bolt pattern when i find the right wheel
20231214_153922.jpg

The fork you showing in the screen shot appears to be set up for two brake calipers. So, what else you have to do to make this work? I assume you need the Suzuki calipers and complete wheel assembly.

Also, rake/trail is mentioned......isn't that set by the steering head of the Vmax frame?

I am just trying to figure out how all this would work.

The fork you showing in the screen shot appears to be set up for two brake calipers. So, what else you have to do to make this work? I assume you need the Suzuki calipers and complete wheel assembly.

Also, rake/trail is mentioned......isn't that set by the steering head of the Vmax frame?

I am just trying to figure out how all this would work.
I'm on the Same boat "Sacrificing my self for the group" from what i gather the forks [triple trees/axle/bearings] are the same as the two rotor 1500/1600]

already have some tokico six piston calipers, when the forks arrive i will measure and compare everything, so far i'm afraid the triples are to narrow for the vmax wheel and many others, so i may need to get a different set even from a yamaha but the steering column will need to be swap, since they will be to short i guess

Well, thanks for taking one for the team.

Let us know what you come up with. Also, try to put things in simpler terms, sometimes it is really hard to decipher what you are trying to say. Not trying to be disrespectful, just trying to keep things simple.

Well, thanks for taking one for the team.

Let us know what you come up with. Also, try to put things in simpler terms, sometimes it is really hard to decipher what you are trying to say. Not trying to be disrespectful, just trying to keep things simple.
Mea Culpa

My brain those not work as it used to

For now i just try to measure and compare via pictures to make things easier

Do i need some of those Ridiculously tall 6 bolt clamps or they so some affordable OEM Alternatives..

Ps: I can change steer tubes and other basic stuff..
Time to get some paper and pen. Do some good ole fashioned leg work.
I mean finger work to search this forum, a few well known site's, flea bay etc.
Really, the choices are many, the prices vary widely, as does the quality.

Back