??? on v-gas system

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theemax

Reaction score
Can anyone give me insight on the v-gas system? I have a 93 max that I am cosidering either the v-gas or stage 7, and need any input on which is the better way to go. I ride this bike back and forth to work, but also weekend ride and thrash too. Really don't want to kill mileage too bad. Also on a side note, I am thinking of going to slash-cut UFO 4-2 exhaust and am wondering how loud it is, especially at riding range between 3500 and 5000 rpm.

UFO exhaust is STUPID loud IMO. If you want increased performance and increased MPG I would look at Sean Morley's jet kit with airbox mod. Flat slides get VERY bad fuel mileage.

It doesn't help that I HATE (with a passion) Jon Cornell of U.F.O. which stands for U FUCK OFF which I think is his motto when things become too difficult for him to deal with.:biglaugh:

He's a light weight!

Anyway... Sorry... Check out Marks, Holeshot, and Kerker for exhaust too.

OH and welcome to the fold! I am actually a really nice guy... Just been badly burnt... lol

Can anyone give me insight on the v-gas system? I have a 93 max that I am cosidering either the v-gas or stage 7, and need any input on which is the better way to go. I ride this bike back and forth to work, but also weekend ride and thrash too. Really don't want to kill mileage too bad. Also on a side note, I am thinking of going to slash-cut UFO 4-2 exhaust and am wondering how loud it is, especially at riding range between 3500 and 5000 rpm.

4Gasem just gave you good advice!! Sean's kit is the best one going and the UFO exhaust is stupid loud and, IMHO, sounds awful. Check out the Mark's exhaust or the Holeshot for a 4-2, Hindle or Kerker for 4-1 style.

Thanks for the info. What type of hp increase does morley's kit give you coupled with header upgrade, roughly. Also, the main reason for me looking at the UFO slashcuts was looks mainly due to the fact it would retain somewhat of a stock appearance. The previous owner of my 93 didn't just drill out the baffles, but removed the baffles, modified them, and put them back in. It wasn't a hack job, sounds great, but he must have layed it over and bent the left can. Do any other manufacturers make anythig close to the slashcuts other than the sportbike, or canisters look exhaust? The current exhaust on it now is not too bad till around 5500 rpm, then it gets loud, and am looking for something similar, thanks.

Thanks for the info. What type of hp increase does morley's kit give you coupled with header upgrade, roughly. Also, the main reason for me looking at the UFO slashcuts was looks mainly due to the fact it would retain somewhat of a stock appearance. The previous owner of my 93 didn't just drill out the baffles, but removed the baffles, modified them, and put them back in. It wasn't a hack job, sounds great, but he must have layed it over and bent the left can. Do any other manufacturers make anythig close to the slashcuts other than the sportbike, or canisters look exhaust? The current exhaust on it now is not too bad till around 5500 rpm, then it gets loud, and am looking for something similar, thanks.

Cobra makes slip-on slash cuts but they are not the best for performance. They actually choke the engine down.

I have Sean's kit on my '06 with Holeshot cans and dead stock internals and showed 124bhp at the wheel. :confused2:

The difference it made over the stock system was pretty awesome. 3000 to redline is faster now without the slight bog down low.

Cheers

Oh and if you talk to Jon, remember ONE thing... He tells you what you want to hear. To verify come here...

Attachments

• 100_2398.jpg
    100_2398.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 29

Marving in the UK makes a set of 4-2 slash cut slip on system - check it out on exactrep.com Never heard them in person, so can't tell ya how they sound.

Mike

Hey, thanks on the marvings site, I gave them my e-mail for neareast dealership. Would like a whole header system , but them look close. Anyone have info on the v-gas????

Marving in the UK makes a set of 4-2 slash cut slip on system - check it out on exactrep.com Never heard them in person, so can't tell ya how they sound.

Mike

Something like these Mike?? :ummm:

They have a nice rumble, not obnoxious at all, I love 'em! :clapping:

Exactrep is a dealer, the pipes are made in Italy. I was unable to find any other dealer for them besides Exactrep.

Attachments

• Max by the pool.jpg
    Max by the pool.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 27
They look cool.

Perform well on dyno, not so well on street, especially windy conditions.

Look at it as a cost per horsepower.

VGAS, if your lucky 135 hp for 2000.00 bucks.

Stage 7 maybe 127hp for 500.00 bucks

Morley kit, more horse and torque than a stage 7, especially in the mid range for almost 500.00 bucks and possibly around 130 hp and better mileage than the 7 or vgas.

So you may get 5-10 more horse with the vgas over the 7 or morley kit. for 1500.00 bucks more.

You could go with the Fuel injection for 4000.00 which gives you 10 more horse over the vgas and good mileage.

I would pay the extra for the EFI over Vgas but I wouldnt pay the extra for the vgas over the 7 or morley kit.

Also wouldnt deal with cornell. I know guys who waited 3, 6 and 9 months to get their vgas. Once installed all three of them regretted buying them.

the UFO is the loudest exhaust out there.

Go to Marks have him make headers for you and fit them to a pair of cans of your choice. look at the supertrapp universal cans, they have a tappered and flared look. not exactly like stock but they have smooth lines.

If your looking for Horsepower go with the Kerker 4-2-1. Kerker is best header system for making power! Its also tunable with different size baffles that change out very quickly within 5 mins 3 screws.
1.5 baffle nice low end sound with a rumble great low and mid range increase.
2.5 Comp Baffle Loud small block chevy open header sound with great mid range and crazy top end making power.

DONT waste your money on slip ons unless your just looking for a different sound, you WONT make any extra HP with slipons and some you will loose HP.
Expect to spend 750.00 on a new full system Kerker.

If your worried about gas mileage you own the wrong motorcycle I would recommend a Honda Rebel 250 or the Ninja 250 they get 70 MPG

They look cool.

Morley kit, more horse and torque than a stage 7, especially in the mid range for almost 500.00 bucks and possibly around 130 hp and better mileage than the 7 or vgas.

So you may get 5-10 more horse with the vgas over the 7 or morley kit. for 1500.00 bucks more.

You could go with the Fuel injection for 4000.00 which gives you 10 more horse over the vgas and good mileage.

I would pay the extra for the EFI over Vgas but I wouldnt pay the extra for the vgas over the 7 or morley kit.

Also wouldnt deal with cornell. I know guys who waited 3, 6 and 9 months to get their vgas. Once installed all three of them regretted buying them.

Go to Marks have him make headers for you and fit them to a pair of cans of your choice. look at the supertrapp universal cans, they have a tappered and flared look. not exactly like stock but they have smooth lines.

+1 to mnmax good write up and Danny, how about posting a soundtrack of your exhaust - I don't think we have that one yet.

Mike

They look cool.

Yes, I 2nd that... good write up. This was helpful for me, too.

They look cool.

Seans kit is just over 200 bucks!

+1 to mnmax good write up and Danny, how about posting a soundtrack of your exhaust - I don't think we have that one yet.

Mike

I'd love to do that Mike, but had to sell my expensive video stuff to buy the Marving's. :biglaugh:
Seriously, I don't have the technical knowledge or equip. to do that, but maybe I can find someone who does. :confused2:

Thanks for the info. I tried this morning though to look up morley's kits, and can't find them. Any links???

If your worried about gas mileage you own the wrong motorcycle I would recommend a Honda Rebel 250 or the Ninja 250 they get 70 MPG[/quote said:
That's what my dyno guy said too!
Having said that, my bike has 14 more hp at the rear wheel, and gets 15-20% better mileage now he's tuned it!

I run a kerker 4-1, stage 7 with stock airbox (no vboost)
and yes it sounds like an old Camaro!
Brings out the hooligan in me..:rofl_200:

I'd love to do that Mike, but had to sell my expensive video stuff to buy the Marving's. :biglaugh:
Seriously, I don't have the technical knowledge or equip. to do that, but maybe I can find someone who does. :confused2:
Here are some Marving sound clips from Dustmax's site. :biglaugh:
http://www.netace.com/vmax/DustMax_Starting_HQ1.mp3
http://www.netace.com/vmax/start_big_rev.mp3
http://www.netace.com/vmax/two_revs.mp3
http://www.netace.com/vmax/start_big_rev.mp3

Back