POR15 vs Eastwood engine paint

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnelly317

Reaction score
Has anyone used any of these engine paints?? If so anyone has any pictures? I don't wanna spray my engine. These come in QT cans and I can brush it on. They both sound pritty good as far as I read.

POR15 is the one everyone raves on when it comes to coating the inside of their fuel tank.

Yes I just did that to my tank but that's different than engine paint lol. I read alot about POR15 not sticking to a super clean etched metal. So makes me wonder if it will stick to previous paint. And there are some bare metal spots on my engine. I don't really wanna do the whole marine clean and metal ready process on little bar spots. I think I might go with Eastwood its a ceramic paint.. ill order it today and hopefully next week have se pictures.

I've used POR15. It flows out real nice and cures rock hard but still tough. You will have to use a good brush so the bristles don't pull out. Put LIGHT coats on or it WILL sag. Once. you get it on, don't over work it or it will pull and you will get brush marks. Also, try to creare a humidity and temprature enviroment within the range on the instructions. Buy a gallon of mineral spirits for clean up (mean stuff to get off later) and this can also be used to cut it down (thin it). Remember, don't go on too heavy with it. When done right it looks real nice.

P.S. I would start by going into tight spots first and then let those areas cure off before going back and doing the large areas that you want to make few clean brush strokes on.

Back