progressive fork springs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What year is your bike? I believe this PN is for 85-02 vmax only. This won't have the lowering springs if you are interested in dropping the front end.

Sean Morley sells the springs for a comparable price. I think it was $100 to my door including the lowering kit.

Might want to think about a pair of fork seals while you are in there. They are a little more expensive for the older bikes

What year is your bike? I believe this PN is for 85-02 vmax only. This won't have the lowering springs if you are interested in dropping the front end.

Sean Morley sells the springs for a comparable price. I think it was $100 to my door including the lowering kit.

Might want to think about a pair of fork seals while you are in there. They are a little more expensive for the older bikes

Mike...did you mean '92 instead of '02? :ummm:

ok great my bike is an 89. dont really think im gonna lower. i live on a nasty dirt roud.

thanks guys

I have them in my bike and love them. I got them from Sean a few years ago! I bought the Progressives with 1" lowering kit.

Sean, got my springs in the mail yesterday. Thanks!! One thing my stupid brain didn't think of is new seals. Where is the best place to get them from (if not from you)? Also, I noticed on another thread you mentioned that you sell a tool that removes dirt and crap from around the seal that could be causing the leak. What do you suggest?

OEM seals are most popular, and for good reason. Leak proof seals on E-Bay have the wrong name. I just got some All Balls seals and they look well made. I got the seal cleaner from Motion Pro, and it woks well. But if you have the original seals and your forks are apart? I'd change them.

Not sure if they are original (29 years old) or not, my guess is that they are because everything else on the bike seemed to be when i got it. Yamaha dealer?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

OEM seals are most popular, and for good reason. Leak proof seals on E-Bay have the wrong name. I just got some All Balls seals and they look well made. I got the seal cleaner from Motion Pro, and it woks well. But if you have the original seals and your forks are apart? I'd change them.

+1 I'd definitely change them, do you know how pissed off you'd be if you got them back together and it turned out one or both the oil seals were bad? I'd check the top & bottom sliders also, easy to tell if they are worn by the amount of gray graphite (or whatever it is) left on the friction surface.

This might be a dumb question but never done this before. Which of the parts on the schematic posted by DMANN will I need? Just the seal (x's 2)?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Back