progressive fork springs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some impact ones from Harbor Frieght the other day. Havent used them yet as ive been putting this job off due to not having time and still caught up on what oil to use.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I felt compelled to add to this after my first real ride of the season yesterday. I bought my progressive fork springs awhile back for under $100 (stock height for touring comfort). Got the OEM fork seals and dust caps from Sean and last week I put it all together using his (Morleys) Youtube video as a guide. It was a snap. I cut the PVC spacers to the length suggested in the inlay and the preload was right on par with OEM. I used synthetic foreign car trans fluid as Sean suggested. The only tricky part was one of the 10mm hex bolts on the bottom was spinning inside the fork tube so I did have to use air and impact at which point it came apart and went together perfectly.

I cant believe how much better the ride is, so much smoother and more stable around corners. With the OEM springs it was quite harsh, jarring and nervous around corners. Brake dive is also significantly reduced. Mine needed fork seals and fluid anyway so it only took a few more minutes to cut the spacers and drop in the springs. If your on the fence about this I wouldn't wait another day, the improvement is vast for not much money or effort. It rides less like the bike I married and more like the bike I would have cheated on her with.

When I took mine apart one fork tube had red fluid and the other side was amber and both sides were weeping, so it really needed to be done.

In summation, Two thumbs up for Seans video, guidance and parts.

Back