Raced again yesterday...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
Well I'm probably done racing for this year but I went yesterday, first pass I left soft (I was practicing for the nitrous launches) and went an 11.34 at 120.7mph and that's over 1 full mph better than my best previously. Then I had my friend Kevin take a motor pass and he went 11.03 at 123.7mph, we weighed ourselves before we left and Kevin weighed 221lbs with no gear on so he was probably about 240lbs in his gear, he only made the one pass because I wanted to try to get the juice sorted out but with more practice he would have went 10.8's easy and possibly 10.7's and he is about average weight so it just shows that my bike is making the power but I'm just 60lbs heavier than a lot of the racers. The nitrous was still messing up at first so as much as I didn't want to I disabled the rpm window switch in the progressive controller and then it started working right, think there's just too much noise in the electrical system.. First pass it actually worked it came in way too fast and I did a huge wheelie and had to lift a few times, only went 11.00 at 132mph then the last pass I took some out but not enough because I short shifted 1'st because of the wheelie and started losing bottle pressure at the end and couldn't get it into 5'th so I only went 10.81 at 129mph. It was super busy so didn't get a bunch of passes but I did learn quite a bit so it wasn't a waste, I know once this thing is dialed its gonna be a monster!! lol

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk now Free

Heading in the right direction! I think once you have it completely dialed in you will likely surpass your initial estimate.

Got a 1500 engine for a really good deal so next year will be completely different, gonna work my ass off and see if I can get myself back into the 240lb range but I'm a pretty big guy so just gotta take it day by day.. I really would like to be able to run mid to low 10's on the motor and spray it into the 9's and I'll be good with that. It's never gonna be the fastest thing out there and I'm just doing it for fun really... After this I'm not doing much to the bike anymore because I want to turn my attention back to my 68 Cutlass project..

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk now Free

Good going, Scott, sounds like some 10's are in that w/o a power adder, w/you on it. Who-knows the limit? Any decent video off the line? Do they care if you run a Go-Pro down the track? Were you at US-131 Martin?

Yea it was at Martin and they are cool with a gopro but I forgot my camera.. I have a few video's but none are real good, I'm not sure I'll ever break 10's on it myself cause I'm just too heavy but like I said next year it'll have a different motor anyway so I'll see what I can do with it then... Thanks for the compliments bud! :)

Back