Rear sets,any input???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was planning to change my shifter and the pegs. Still wondering if the rear set will be worth the extra bucks ...
I haven't try one on a v-max, just supposing it will be similar to a sport bike.

Somebody can tell more about benefits, riding position ?

Havent read the lead up to the end here on the 3rd page, BUT Ive been contemplating the same thing. I lack the "poper" tools to do it as well but think it could be done with a drill press and some mill bits. I wan to try. If your down, maybe we could get together on some ideas on this. We are SoCal togher anyways. Ah drunk and going to speak to the Mod Monkey now. He talks to in dreams. mmmmmm. Monkey says to do it!

seen a set of WR's on ebay a couple days ago. 400.00

Love my WR's, had 'em for several years. They are prolly the least aggresive rear sets out there.

Rear sets aren't for everyone tho' ...With a lowered seat like so many of us have, and more forward bars, they can put the knees in a bind if that bothers you any. i'm 6 feet and they don't bother me but the riding position is definetly different

Alright it's on...I'm makin my own out of spite for the companies ass ramming their clientele by making us pay WAY beyond production cost.

If this works out it will cost me about $50 to make my feet ride just about where the passenger pegs are now. Well see...

Alright it's on...I'm makin my own out of spite for the companies ass ramming their clientele by making us pay WAY beyond production cost.

If this works out it will cost me about $50 to make my feet ride just about where the passenger pegs are now. Well see...

best of luck man.

Make 2 while you are at it... One for you and one for me :punk:

I have some CAD models for a set I kind of reverse-engineered it that will help.

Jeff

Alrighty guys...the end result...
I'm the proud owner of a set of rear sets now. Took 5 hours total to fab and install.Most of the stuff was already in my garage!
The total cost? $2.18 for the bolt I had to replace because I needed it some place else. I even splurged and ordered Cbr footpegs to make them look really raced out wich came to a grand damage of 5.99 on Ebay. I have pictures ready to post when I get to a computer (on a mobile currently) and have already ridden on them a little bit and everything feels good.
Now I just need to relocate my passenger pegs and I'm in business! Like a said pictures to come!!!

Pictures as promised.
In order is my "blueprints",my brother modeling leg position, and snap shots of them in raw form, and lasly them with paint and Cbr pegs.
Total cost...$8.17

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 42
I THINK the response Im looking for is...:th_flipthebird:

Some of us cant afford to indulge half a weeks pay for fuckin footpegs. Heaven forbid. Obviously I would love some carbon fiber or billet crap that costs 2 fingers and a left nut but thats never been enough to stop me from pickin up my welder and pissin in the eye of every poor bastard thats forgotten what the smell of a grinder is, and doin it my damn self.
Just reminds me that the day I start buying everything Im too spoiled to make...I dont deserve to rind anymore.

Anyone lookin to take a dig at the craftsmenship of a working class man's weekend project can go drink some bleach.ANYONE else that might have a question feel free to PM me.

I THINK the response Im looking for is...:th_flipthebird:

Some of us cant afford to indulge half a weeks pay for fuckin footpegs. Heaven forbid. Obviously I would love some carbon fiber or billet crap that costs 2 fingers and a left nut but thats never been enough to stop me from pickin up my welder and pissin in the eye of every poor bastard thats forgotten what the smell of a grinder is, and doin it my damn self.
Just reminds me that the day I start buying everything Im too spoiled to make...I dont deserve to rind anymore.

Anyone lookin to take a dig at the craftsmenship of a working class man's weekend project can go drink some bleach.ANYONE else that might have a question feel free to PM me.

Haha no, IMHO its Yours stuff so its Yours play. Thats all.

I just lowered the price for my chrommed rearsets...not much Im asking...

Im not a rich person too, I JUST DO THINGS LOL*

*the dark knight - joker

I have to agree with both :)
I also cannot buy all the expensive stuff I see and I love and unfortunately my skills are limited. But I have to say I don't like much the set although I admire/respect the fact you did it by yourself.

On a constructive point of view, I think the idea is good and there's some potential.
I just don't like the rubber and the big metal pegs you used.
If you could find the matching of the clutch that will be far better.
You could also replace the big rubber ones with some aluminium kind (not expensive).

So to sum-up, I think you just need to work a bit on the cosmetic for getting a cleaner look.

Just hope you won't take it too bad, just a personal opinion ;)

I have to agree with both :)
I also cannot buy all the expensive stuff I see and I love and unfortunately my skills are limited. But I have to say I don't like much the set although I admire/respect the fact you did it by yourself.

On a constructive point of view, I think the idea is good and there's some potential.
I just don't like the rubber and the big metal pegs you used.
If you could find the matching of the clutch that will be far better.
You could also replace the big rubber ones with some aluminium kind (not expensive).

So to sum-up, I think you just need to work a bit on the cosmetic for getting a cleaner look.

Just hope you won't take it too bad, just a personal opinion ;)

I was trying to say the same but he got pissed LOL

:gun shoot:Being fair, I don't like much Przemek's rear set.
Just not my style even if the price isn't bad at all ;)

Please guys, don't shoot !!!:th_biggun: hahahaha :rofl_200:

The pictures were from the mock up. Since I took them I ditched the big sloppy pegs and swapped them for Cbr pegs, cleaned the welds,painted the brackets, took the chunk of rubber off the shifter and replaced it with a billet knob. Agreed, there was some cosmetic inconsistancy there in the pictures that have been rectified since but I didnt want to bother making them pretty until I knew they would work. Ill have to see about gettin some pictures now that they are done and not in the development stages.

Yeah don't hesitate to post.
I got pegs and pedal replacement after the accident since the rearset were a bit expensive.
But what you did makes me think it could be possible so change simply the position without getting a new rear set.

Back