Reflective wheel strips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssnsltd

Reaction score
anyone use these ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REFL...ryZ34355QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
th_Bluereflective2.jpg

wondering how long they last.

loox kinda cool - I wonder how reflective the black one is :ummm::ummm::ummm:

Anyway, if a coupla peeps are interested, we could do the 'buy 2 get 1 free' or even 'buy 4 get 4 free' and get it real cheap, at which point it doesn't matter if it doesn't last too long.. :eusa_dance:

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 8
loox kinda cool - I wonder how reflective the black one is :ummm::ummm::ummm:

Anyway, if a coupla peeps are interested, we could do the 'buy 2 get 1 free' or even 'buy 4 get 4 free' and get it real cheap, at which point it doesn't matter if it doesn't last too long.. :eusa_dance:

i feel like it kind of ruins the bike in pictures if you have this huge reflective thing blaring out at you, but thats my opinion. I'd be more apt to do the just the non-reflective color.....

i feel like it kind of ruins the bike in pictures if you have this huge reflective thing blaring out at you, but thats my opinion. I'd be more apt to do the just the non-reflective color.....

well, I almost got t-boned -again- yesterday evening- so
"ah b lykin' the "huge reflective thing blaring out" :punk:

I already converted the side reflectors to turn/running lights, have a Halo helmet band and pumped up the horn to 129db. I like the color of the bike, so going to day glo paint aint happening on my watch, these are all I can think of to increase my profile. :ummm:

well, I almost got t-boned -again- yesterday evening- so
"ah b lykin' the "huge reflective thing blaring out" :punk:

I already converted the side reflectors to turn/running lights, have a Halo helmet band and pumped up the horn to 129db. I like the color of the bike, so going to day glo paint aint happening on my watch, these are all I can think of to increase my profile.

fair enough man.. to each their own!

I commute on my bicycle a lot as well as the motorcycle and you would be suprised as to the visibilty this creates for you. It really catches the average dumb ass cagers eyes. You can just buy regular reflective tape from Lowes/Home Depot. Biggest factor with longevity is proper preparation of where you are putting the tape. If you have a heat gun or use the wifes blow dryer after applying the tape just warm it up and press real good. It will last awhile, plus you cant see it during the day.
Cheers

Oh yeah with the stuff from Lowes you dont need a strip that goes all the way around the tire. Just 3 pieces evenly spaced, on both sides of the rim, create the same effect while the wheel is spinning and is easier to replace when one comes off.

They look gay! Kind of reminds me of reflectors on your bicycle wheels.

First thing to come off a BMX bike when I was a kid..

Reflectors and the Chain Gaurd

Oh yeah with the stuff from Lowes you dont need a strip that goes all the way around the tire. Just 3 pieces evenly spaced, on both sides of the rim, create the same effect while the wheel is spinning and is easier to replace when one comes off.

cool- have to hot Lowes and see what we can find- thanks! guessing the empty space would hlep make it "flash" and make it more visible.

They look gay! Kind of reminds me of reflectors on your bicycle wheels.

First thing to come off a BMX bike when I was a kid..

Reflectors and the Chain Gaurd

well I tried the baseball card n the spokes thing, just not loud enough :rofl_200:

I have the "stealth" black on the black rims of my 98 Max. Can't see'm during the day and they show up brightly at night. The "electric" blue stripes on the rims of my poor, old, slow, black ZX11 accent some other blue trim on the old girl.
Lew

I have the "stealth" black on the black rims of my 98 Max. Can't see'm during the day and they show up brightly at night. The "electric" blue stripes on the rims of my poor, old, slow, black ZX11 accent some other blue trim on the old girl.
Lew

now that could work. i like the black idea...

i'd throw in a couple bucks to see hwo the black ones work. what would it be like $10 apiece that way?

too bad i dont' have any wheels right now... :wave bye:

max is on the center stand and a footstool waiting to get my p/c rims back...

Latest posts

Back