Screw size for choke linkage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acammer

Reaction score
Anybody know what the machine screw size is for the little set screw that ties the choke arm linkage to the carb. I have noticed that since I have had the bike, it drags 1 cylinder a bit on a cold start, running with the choke. I just figured out why, the left front cylinder has no set screw in it, so the linkage does not actuate the enricher/choke circuit for that carb. It's not a huge deal, it starts fine and warms up relatively quick, I typically don't run on the choke much more than 2-3 minutes, but I'd like to buy a set screw for that arm and get everything 100%.

I could always take one out of another arm on the choke linkage and bring it to the hardware store with me, but I hate tampering with stuff that's working right, and figured somebody on here must know.

Uh... small?

PM me your address ill send you one in an envelope, i have a spare carb rack I use for parts.

Uh... small?

PM me your address ill send you one in an envelope, i have a spare carb rack I use for parts.

Yes - very small! You sir, are the man. Thank you. PM sent! A drink is owned next time you come through the Auburn-Syracuse NY area, we'll grab a bite at Quaker State, Wild Wings, or something.

:cheers:

Thanks.

Back