Shift light wiring

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Gumby

Reaction score
Where do I tap into for the rpm signal for the shift light? Anyone running COPs with a stand alone shift light?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Perfect, thanks! Judging by the way you wire it, it shouldn't make a difference if you have COPs or stock ignition.

You should be able to just add some eyelets to the Shift light wires and connect them on top of the Stock tachometer wires.

My autometer shift light works with my COP's but the built in tach on my Vapor speedometer doesn't... I've tried directly to the coil, with resistors, the stock tach lead, you name it... The window switch in my nitrous progressive controller also doesn't work (it's rpm based) either so there is definitely more rf noise with the COP's than the stock coils but most decent shift lights will still work fine.

sent from my HTC Rezound using tapatalk

Good to know DMAN, I actually have a Stewart Warner shift light with digital tach. Just need to mount it now.

It works!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384469751878.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384469751878.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 42
It works!

How did you end up wiring it in ?
It looks good, I like the built-in Tach feature a lot.

Where did you get it ?
How does it mount to the Speedo ?
And any other Info that would help someone get and install that one. ;)

A tach that let's you keep your eyes on the road, perfect. Like Dman said where did you get it and how bad did the mod monkey bite hurt?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

How did you end up wiring it in ?
It looks good, I like the built-in Tach feature a lot.

Where did you get it ?
How does it mount to the Speedo ?
And any other Info that would help someone get and install that one. ;)

Ebay
http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=330929046309
I pulled the speedo apart and bolted the sullied bracket to the housing and ran the wires through the speedo and alongside the harness. I'll grab a couple of pictures when I get home if I can remember, enjoying some local IPA in celebration/sorrow of selling my 73 Honda cafe racer

Latest posts

Back