Show your windshield!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VegasVMax

Reaction score
I'm thinking of adding a windshield to my bike. I like the stock shield but there has got to be other options. Its difficult to shop for them online without seeing it on the bike. If you have something other than stock, show it off!

I vote national cycles, but I know dannymax likes his Memphis shades. I think he may have cut it up from the bottom, though. I'll have to look around for pics of mine mounted.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I've never had much luck uploading pictures to this site in all the years I've been on it. I have a Memphis Shades Bullitt fairing. The company doesn't make a mounting system for the V-Max ---- so I made my own. I could probably e-mail you the pix though??

Lew ( the other guy from Nevada )

ygupyja3.jpg

Coerce Full carbon with zero hardware needed to install.

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

How are you liking that carbon one? If the angles are right, I might consider it as a replacement for the flyscreen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Here's mine. A Memphis Shade Hellcat with the bottom cut 2" on each side to be able to leave the signal lights in their original location.

picture.php

Coerce screen lays fairly flat and non adjustable. Good enough to tuck behind at high speeds but not much coverage sitting upright. Not a touring item.

Coerce screen lays fairly flat and non adjustable. Good enough to tuck behind at high speeds but not much coverage sitting upright. Not a touring item.

I'm thinkin I'm just looking for something for the winter to cut the wind on the way to work. So I'm looking for something a little taller.

I've never had much luck uploading pictures to this site in all the years I've been on it. I have a Memphis Shades Bullitt fairing. The company doesn't make a mounting system for the V-Max ---- so I made my own. I could probably e-mail you the pix though??

Lew ( the other guy from Nevada )
Yea, you can email me at [email protected]. Thanx!

Davesax is right, I do like the Memphis Shades, here is my '86 with the MS Classic Deuce (Douche?:biglaugh:) it isn't cut up from the bottom tho I used MS signal relocator brackets to lower the signals to the forks.

Then I saw the MRA sheild and liked that one better.

Attachments

• 100_3117.jpg
    100_3117.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 202
  • 100_3349.jpg
    100_3349.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 199
Memphis Shades classic deuce is a great windshield to block the wind! Fits pretty easily, but you have to either buy the turn signal relocators or make a set of arms like I did to drop them down.

Attachments

• gauge1 004.jpg
    gauge1 004.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 203
  • gauge1 009.jpg
    gauge1 009.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 186
I like your bracket better than the MS relocators Bob, I had those unsightly wires to deal with. You shortened the signal stems also, right?

Like the tins too, sharp!

Attachments

• 100_2505.jpg
    100_2505.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 117
I like your bracket better than the MS relocators Bob, I had those unsightly wires to deal with. You shortened the signal stems also, right?

Like the tins too, sharp!
Yep I shortened them after getting the tip from you! All I did was use some semi truck mirror bracing brackets that I had laying around to drop the signals down a few inches. I used them in the rear as well, to get the signals back far enough to clear the saddlebags when i have them on. You can see the rears in the second pic. I love the 05 tins too, red has always been my favorite color!....I'm still searching for the 05 side covers though.

Davesax is right, I do like the Memphis Shades, here is my '86 with the MS Classic Deuce (Douche?:biglaugh:) it isn't cut up from the bottom tho I used MS signal relocator brackets to lower the signals to the forks.

Then I saw the MRA sheild and liked that one better.

How's the flow on the MRA? I like the transformer look...

How's the flow on the MRA? I like the transformer look...

The small air foil at the top of the shield is adjustable allowing you to direct the air flow where it's the most comfortable. I can eliminate wind pressure off my chest and face shield to where it just hits the top of my helmet and I'm 6' 5".

Back