Sitting Tall Haha Ha Ha Ha

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rob how tall are you? Just wanna get an idea of the size of the bike. Those pegs look like they could be a little far back for my tastes. Man I want one though.
Im 5'7" , i couldn't stand flat footed , but maybe the spring and forks were all jacked up, dont know.

I generally like the bike. Can't stand the brown trim. Also, too many different colors and textures. Very "busy".

thank you for the pics and your time posting them. enjoyed looking over small details. love the wheel style, although wish they were chrome/polished.

I hate to be a killjoy BUT..

Has anybody given much thought to crash bobbins :ummm:

How much is thing going to cost if it goes on its side :ummm:

I hate to be a killjoy BUT..

Has anybody given much thought to crash bobbins :ummm:

How much is thing going to cost if it goes on its side :ummm:
gleno, thats someones eleses thread brother........although this one while traveling the country the strap broke while in the trailer, it did end up on the floor ands rode there for a while and threr is a scuff on the right scoop and the shift light didnt take it well...FYI

slg888 YOUR VERY WELCOME, i was a part of this family awhile ago and had a ball, bounch of awesome fellas here , till i got my Raider still stop back just to see how things r going, wheres Kloker? hes close enough to go see the beast.

Huh? I don't follow. Did I miss something?
How much is thing going to cost if it goes on its side
uhm00000.gif

i guess it was my point...:confused2: what i was trying to say is someone else can start a thread of the prices of the new max going on its side

How much is thing going to cost if it goes on its side
uhm00000.gif

i guess it was my point...:confused2: what i was trying to say is someone else can start a thread of the prices of the new max going on its side

DONE!!!

I generally like the bike. Can't stand the brown trim. Also, too many different colors and textures. Very "busy".

The more I look at the details in the pics, the more I'm convinced that the bike looks like a hodge-podge of mismatched colors and parts. There in no uniformity. Yamaha is using parts that were specifically made just for this bike, yet I have seen "parts bin" vehicles that fit together better. The build reminds me of an "erector set" (for those old enough to remember what that is). Look at the horn location.....couldn't they at least made an attempt to hide it? Will it scrape before the pegs? I'm not a fan of Bridgestone (Firestone) tires. Metzlers or Avons are better, IMO

Unless the real world 1/4 mile times are in the low 9's, I can't see spending more than $6K over what a Busa or ZX14 costs for this contraption.

The more I look at the details in the pics, the more I'm convinced that the bike looks like a hodge-podge of mismatched colors and parts. There in no uniformity. Yamaha is using parts that were specifically made just for this bike, yet I have seen "parts bin" vehicles that fit together better. The build reminds me of an "erector set" (for those old enough to remember what that is). Look at the horn location.....couldn't they at least made an attempt to hide it? Will it scrape before the pegs? I'm not a fan of Bridgestone (Firestone) tires. Metzlers or Avons are better, IMO

Unless the real world 1/4 mile times are in the low 9's, I can't see spending more than $6K over what a Busa or ZX14 costs for this contraption.
I agree on tire thing. and I believe after couple years the vmax will be only couple thousand over the busa. price will drop once the glamour where's off.

Price isnt the problem. Ive always found if you want something bad enough theres always a way to get it.But maybe this looks better in person. To me it looks like 15 different bikes throwen
into one.With an end result that dose not say IAM V-MAX THE BAD ASS. With that said I think ill stick with my 99.
Although that's what makes biking fun. that not everyone has the same taste and there's so many choice's

Well...
It's new, it's different, It's a VMax. So I want one!
And I'm seriously considering a road trip to go see it in person!
Hopefully by the time dealers have them on the floor to sell. I should be able to get one.
:punk:
Thanks for sharing the pics.

I love the look of the new Max and for those complaining about the cost over a Busa just realize how unique this new Max is, the power, the technology and just the name "Vmax"!! The Max is going to turn way more heads than a Busa and people will say "Holy shit dude, I'm not going up against that thing, just let him go and pray he won't hurt us"!

I love the look of the new Max and for those complaining about the cost over a Busa just realize how unique this new Max is, the power, the technology and just the name "Vmax"!! The Max is going to turn way more heads than a Busa and people will say "Holy shit dude, I'm not going up against that thing, just let him go and pray he won't hurt us"!

Not to sound anti 2nd Gen, but the only "new technology" on the bike is a redesigned motor. The intake and exhaust mods are parts from the R1 and R6. The majority of the suspension is from or based on the FJR.... OK the frame is new too. No doubt, the 2nd Gen Vmax will hold its own, but I would have liked to see more stuff on it from a new design than from the parts bin.

Not to sound anti 2nd Gen, but the only "new technology" on the bike is a redesigned motor. The intake and exhaust mods are parts from the R1 and R6. The majority of the suspension is from or based on the FJR.... OK the frame is new too. No doubt, the 2nd Gen Vmax will hold its own, but I would have liked to see more stuff on it from a new design than from the parts bin.

Isn't that the way they built the first vmax, from the parts bins of other models, venture, virago, maxims - Atleast this time they have a completely new motor - Yamaha has always done this with their bikes, snowmachines, etc... I have an RX-1 sled that has the R1 engine in it.

To me, it should have kept the price down by doing this, but I think Yamaha is getting gready on this new vmax - $21,999 Cdn msrp is alot of $$$ for a parts bin bike. that is too bad tho - will have to see what the future holds as far as pricing goes.

Mike

At the rate our dollar is loosing value compared to other currencies, expect imported goods to cost a lot more in the near future. IMO, Yammi jumped the gun and is charging 2012 dollars for the Max in 2009. If they manage to sell well, you can be sure other motorcycle manufacturers will join suit and raise prices by record amounts. However, in light of the current economic situation in the US, I don't think an $18,000+ Jap bike will be a big seller. Once the initial buying frenzy cools down the overpriced Max will be collecting dust on the dealer showroom floor.

The 2nd gen will no doubt attract attention at bike gatherings but I bet the small talk will be more negative than positive. There are just too many "faults" that will be picked apart by other motorcyclists. Even on Max specific forums the bike receives a lot of negative comments. On the Busa and Kawi boards, practically everyone is laughing at it !

Too bad, as I had high hopes for this generation !!

Latest posts

Back