Slide operation question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
I pulled my airbox off earlier today, and every time I'd throttle it up any, the slides were jumping instead of pulling up and being steady. Is this a sign of a problem, or is that from it not being under a load?

100% normal, intake pulses as cylinder draws in air and then intake valve closes. Repeat...higher rpm's pulses look smoother cause more pulses per/time...

100% normal, intake pulses as cylinder draws in air and then intake valve closes. Repeat...higher rpm's pulses look smoother cause more pulses per/time...

Absolutely normal. The carbs react to the needs of the engine. If you use a standard vacuum gauge without dampening, it'll scare you. Sync tools compensate for the changes in vacuum and average this out so you can adjust the carbs.

You could replace them with carb chains. Whap! Sorry, I'm being troll-ish.

Thanks guys. I'm just looking for a cause for my rich condition at 2-3k wot. I figured maybe the needles were pulling too soon because of weak springs. Oh well, on to find something else.

The standard springs may feel weak but that's the way they are. I've seen others (some stage 7 springs) that were stronger but never noticed a operational difference in the real world.

I've got the stage seven springs. I just took them out a couple days ago to see if they were the culprit. I couldn't tell a bit of difference either.

Back