Soultion to wheel spin at the dragstrip

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lankeeyankee

Reaction score
I hope I am doing this right and the pic gets attached.
I machined my stock rim diameter to fit a 15 IN car tire. If anyone has ever tried to put a 15in car tire on an unmodified wheel you will find out it will go on but the bead will never seat unless you have some taken off, forgot the exact number I think around .0090
I am running a M&H 7.0 Car slick when go to the track. This tire doesnt require much of a burn out and I am on the 2nd season. 60ft's at mid 1.50's no bars..
The second pic is a GoodYear tire I bought to try. This tire did not hook up very well, but talk about smoking a tire!!! I could break the tire lose at 60MPH and white smoke it gave an impressive show.

Attachments

• Ready-To-Rip.jpg
    Ready-To-Rip.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 1258279992_l.jpeg
    1258279992_l.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 58
Nice work... 1.5 in the 60' So I guess I won't try to take you on quite yet. What kind of clearance do you have with the swingarm? I could see having a separate rear wheel/tire for the track if it really works like you describe. Can you give a little more detail on the machining when you have a chance?
Thanks,
Jeff

Nice work... 1.5 in the 60' So I guess I won't try to take you on quite yet. What kind of clearance do you have with the swingarm? I could see having a separate rear wheel/tire for the track if it really works like you describe. Can you give a little more detail on the machining when you have a chance?
Thanks,
Jeff

I think he forgot to mention the bottle hanging off the side!

I don't mean any offense (I probably would be offended) but that rear tire looks ridiculous!

But then again it is just CRAZY enough to work.

I am conflicted. :confused2:

I hope I am doing this right and the pic gets attached.
I machined my stock rim diameter to fit a 15 IN car tire. If anyone has ever tried to put a 15in car tire on an unmodified wheel you will find out it will go on but the bead will never seat unless you have some taken off, forgot the exact number I think around .0090
I am running a M&H 7.0 Car slick when go to the track. This tire doesnt require much of a burn out and I am on the 2nd season. 60ft's at mid 1.50's no bars..
The second pic is a GoodYear tire I bought to try. This tire did not hook up very well, but talk about smoking a tire!!! I could break the tire lose at 60MPH and white smoke it gave an impressive show.

Do you use that as a track only tire or do you run it on the street too? If you run it on the street, how does it handle?

Yankee and I talked last night and I'm not going to talk for him, (well, maybe I will a little) and I think he says he doesn't spray in 1st. We talked quite a bit about the "bottle" as I am in the process of getting some funny gas myself. I think I am going to be looking for a stock rear wheel to play with..... anyone have a good used one at a reasonable price?

A progressive controller could do all of this for you.even what gear and how much.

Schnitz racing sells one.

I've got one already done up Jeff. You can look at it when you come down. I've also got a few spare rear wheels too.

Sean

Latest posts

Back