Speeding ticket etiquette

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well if they clock you over 100 in mass they tow the bike ticket could be 500 600 depending how fast your going or more plus tow, court , it could be a $2000 or more ride .. ill take the first exit..its another think if they sneek up from behind and get the plate then ill pull over and show them my grey hair..that usually works

What uop Joisey Boy!

Thats why you mount your plate so you cant read all the numbers. I love having mine wrapped around the left rear shock!!
Most sport bikes bend there plate up or they mount them deep on the inner rear fender.

I CUT & BEN'T MY BRACKET SO MY PLATE IS ONLY A COUPLE OF INCHES FROM BEING TOTALY HORIZONTAL . ALSO I BLACKEND OUT THE BOTTOM OF MY TAILIGHT ,. ( THE CLEAR PART THAT LIGHTS THE PLATE ) YOU CAN BARELY SEE THE PLATE AT NIGHT, BUT I FIGURE A COP WON'T KNOW , BECAUSE AT NIGHT HIS HEADLIGHTS WILL BE SHINNING ON IT , IF HE PULL'S UP BEHIND ME AT A LIGHT OR SOMETHING ! WERE GOING TO FIND OUT ! "LOL"

I CUT & BEN'T MY BRACKET SO MY PLATE IS ONLY A COUPLE OF INCHES FROM BEING TOTALY HORIZONTAL . ALSO I BLACKEND OUT THE BOTTOM OF MY TAILIGHT ,. ( THE CLEAR PART THAT LIGHTS THE PLATE ) YOU CAN BARELY SEE THE PLATE AT NIGHT, BUT I FIGURE A COP WON'T KNOW , BECAUSE AT NIGHT HIS HEADLIGHTS WILL BE SHINNING ON IT , IF HE PULL'S UP BEHIND ME AT A LIGHT OR SOMETHING ! WERE GOING TO FIND OUT ! "LOL"

No Liscense plate light here. I figure, if I get pulled over for it Barney will bust my balls, write me a 25.00 ticket I will buy a 3.00 marker lamp stick it on there, goto court and have the ticket thrown out, court cost 15.00 big deal. Hasnt happened yet, I havent ran a license plate light in years. its kinda like when you had your BMX bike at 10 the first thing you would do is take the gay reflectors off:rofl_200: Atleast I would

re: 113S&S:
to your question on how they caught him. He turned himself in after a weeklong manhunt and a plea bargin. Initially all the state police had was the info radioed in by the trooper. It was blasted all over the newspaper, radio, tv. Color of bike, clothes, direction of travel, "approximate" speed, "red sport bike". A few days after the troopers family offered a substantial reward.

I don't condone that type of bike riding on the street. I think its immature. there are race tracks all over to drag race or road race, which I've done for years. as they say, leave the racing at the track. in upstate NY is very common for animal live to appear out of the brush in the middle of the road. image a nice white tail deer popping out in front of you at 120mph.

as well, I think convicting the motorcyclest of involuntary manslaughter is pure bull. He did not force the chase. it could, and should have been called off.

now do to this action, in NY if the police believe you are fleeing from them, on a bike (not in a car), its a felony. what if you speeding and you don't see them in your mirror? they can say you were fleeing. felony. game over.

YEA , THAT WAS MY POINT ALSO , IF HE DID'NT SEE THE COP , HOW IS IT FLEEING & A FELONY ? " THATS TOTAL BULLSHIT ! " ANY RED BLOODED AMERICAN HAS TO AGREE ! :punk:

re: 113S&S:
to your question on how they caught him. He turned himself in after a weeklong manhunt and a plea bargin. Initially all the state police had was the info radioed in by the trooper. It was blasted all over the newspaper, radio, tv. Color of bike, clothes, direction of travel, "approximate" speed, "red sport bike". A few days after the troopers family offered a substantial reward.

I don't condone that type of bike riding on the street. I think its immature. there are race tracks all over to drag race or road race, which I've done for years. as they say, leave the racing at the track. in upstate NY is very common for animal live to appear out of the brush in the middle of the road. image a nice white tail deer popping out in front of you at 120mph.

as well, I think convicting the motorcyclest of involuntary manslaughter is pure bull. He did not force the chase. it could, and should have been called off.

now do to this action, in NY if the police believe you are fleeing from them, on a bike (not in a car), its a felony. what if you speeding and you don't see them in your mirror? they can say you were fleeing. felony. game over.
thanks for info to bad for all ,,,,sat on a jury many times and was a witness once seems to me if he didnt turn himself in and said it wasnt him if the time came.... could of beat that pretty easy....i like to crank it up over a hundred most nights and thats it, shut down relax have a coffee......hell people are doing 90 on some parts of the highway every morning and evening no troopers around its by design been like that as long as i can remember..but speed any other time of the day or weekend and you better keep an eye open...trooper had no bussiness chasing him... like you said bike rider could of got killed ..ok... chance you take when running ...trooper put innocent bystanders in harms way........state must of really needed ticket money that week...or the trooper was a real cowboy....wish your brother the best may he stay safe

I just do not under stand why a troper would try to chase something he knows he can not catch? to issue a speeding ticket.....doesn't make any sense. The guy on the bike could be taking his normal cruise through the mountains and the trooper could not catch him. My ex brother in law is a CHP and his head is huge I could see him doing that..

I am with Rusty on this one. I am not pulling over until he makes me. every rider for himself and we don't know each other, but of course we will all talk and laugh about it later

We got stopped for road gaurding once. There were 15 of us, he had no idea who he could give a ticket to so he just yelled at us for a few minutes.

I don't pull over for the police until they tell me to pull over. If riding in a group, I would not pull the whole group over. I wouldn't run either, but the cop would have to wave me over or the such. I once ran from a cop in my car when I was 16 and had my license for about a week. He almost shot me in my driveway. Its not like I lived in The Hood either...this was Potomac, Md in the '80s, when Montgomery County was the most affluent County in the nation. I remember that cop too, gigantic black guy. It was not fun staring down his .357. Not worth it to me.

Mike

I grew up in Chevy Chase,Md and moved up to Gaithersburg in the 80's I know Potomac well Montgomery County cops are the coolest!! I have many friends on with them still,they are ordinary guys who all have friends who ride and or ride themselves,they get mad t the same things that would make us mad.

I would never run.[unless of course I knew I could get away with it.lol]

We got stopped for road gaurding once. There were 15 of us, he had no idea who he could give a ticket to so he just yelled at us for a few minutes.

Road guarding?:ummm: There's a new one. The cop must have been really bored.

Wow...interesting thread.

All I'll say is this~ I had the best chapter of my life during my 20's and wouldn't change a thing if I could go back to do it again. *HOWEVER*, even if I could go back and someone paid me to do it, I absolutely *NEVER* would, because if I did the dumb things now that I used to do in my 20's, I'd be dead in a week... :confused2:

That is all...

So I was plain old busted cresting a gentle slope around 90. I look in the rear view, see the dust from the U-turn in the median and then red lights behind me. I am on a open country four laner with little to no traffic so what do think I did... Thats right, a quick blast to 140 and the red lights got very small very fast. If riding in a pack, I would not want to be last nor first. If in a wide open area and low risk to others, I think I nail it. Yes this puts a cops life at risk so don't send me no hate mail. In a group, no one cop can pull over a pack so it's the first one to pull that gets the lecture and paperwork. My only hope is that the first one to pull over gets credit for for pulling over and gets a warning. As far as diming out my co-riders, "yes officer, the guys I was riding with are named Odieoh, 82nd, KJ, Buster and Maleko. I don't know their last names..."

When in dounbt...Gas it!!!

Wow...interesting thread.

All I'll say is this~ I had the best chapter of my life during my 20's and wouldn't change a thing if I could go back to do it again. *HOWEVER*, even if I could go back and someone paid me to do it, I absolutely *NEVER* would, because if I did the dumb things now that I used to do in my 20's, I'd be dead in a week... :confused2:

That is all...

I have to agree with that statement. I remember back in the late seventies (before police radar) I was riding the highway into Melbourne on a modified Honda 750 K3 and decided to wind it out to see how high that needle would go.

At about 135-40 mph (the speed limit was 60mph) all I could see in the rear view mirror was this fuzzy (no pun intended) blue blob who was slowly fading away but traveling much faster than the other traffic.

I figured it was a cop so I slowed down (a bit) and let him catch-up.

He waves me to pull over and then suggests I join him in the patrol car.

So sitting in the front of the patrol car, the conversation went pretty much like this.

Cop: "How fast do think you were going?"

Gleno: "Aww, a bit over a hundred"

Cop: "Would you believe over 110?"

Gleno: "Yeah, I suppose that could be possible"

Cop: "Would you believe 120?"

Gleno: "Yeah, could have been"

Cop: "Would you believe 130?"

Gleno: "Yeah it's possible?"

Cop: "Would you believe 140?"

Gleno: "140! ..Are you sure?"

Cop: "Where are you going?"

Gleno: "Melbourne, to visit friends from University"

Cop: "University Student hey. Well I should take you back to town and lock you up but seeing how I know you students don't have much money, and you haven't tried to bullshit me, I'm going to give you an on-the-spot fine ($20) for exceeding the speed limit by more than 10mph." (shit, there go my bragging rights)

Gleno: "Cool. Thanks very much."

Cop: "When are you heading back?"

Gleno: "In about 4 days"

Cop: "Well be careful on your way out. There's a blitz on all week?"

Gleno: "No Worries. Thanks for the warning. See ya later."

I loved the seventies.

Back