Spring's here!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
Got the Max out of hibernation this morning.
Had a hell of a time getting her running, till I noticed the gas line from tank to filter wasn't connected......

After a few well chosen words and a bit of fiddling, all was hooked up, and after waiting for the float bowls to fill, she started immediately.

It was nice to see the Kuryakyn LED voltmeter showing 2 greens - meaning the bike's charging perfectly. A quick ride, and I'm back here typing this. Going out later, after the mail comes - I've got a check coming, and I want to see if it's here....

Ah, spring! Bike running great, nice day, and a check in the mail! Gets no better!!!!:cheers:

I hear ya!

Now...if only it would stop raining! It's supposed to clear up later today, and I have to plant rose bushes, then I'm on my Max and gone as well. :biglaugh:

Later,
Tom

Funny....Im just thinking its getting to hot to ride so just planning my summer mods.:ummm:

NEW JERSEY WEATHER SUCKS ! I THOUGHT I'D GET OUT TODAY , BUT 45 DEGS. & RAIN , SUCKS ! :bang head:

Had a hell of a time getting her running, till I noticed the gas line from tank to filter wasn't connected......

After a few well chosen words and a bit of fiddling, all was hooked up, and after waiting for the float bowls to fill, she started immediately.

It was nice to see the Kuryakyn LED voltmeter showing 2 greens - meaning the bike's charging perfectly. A quick ride, and I'm back here typing this. Going out later, after the mail comes - I've got a check coming, and I want to see if it's here....

Ah, spring! Bike running great, nice day, and a check in the mail! Gets no better!!!!:cheers:
Bil lhave a safe riding season

NEW JERSEY WEATHER SUCKS ! I THOUGHT I'D GET OUT TODAY , BUT 45 DEGS. & RAIN , SUCKS ! :bang head:
cop went out around 930 with a buddy for a coffee run was cool but fun hit 120 mph on the max for the first time.....hearing all the horror about he max would not take it over a 100 mph untill i got confident in the bike..120 was steady and smooth and it was windy out

cop went out around 930 with a buddy for a coffee run was cool but fun hit 120 mph on the max for the first time.....hearing all the horror about he max would not take it over a 100 mph untill i got confident in the bike..120 was steady and smooth and it was windy out

I've heard those horror stories too. Then I threw caution to the wind and hit 10,500R's in 5th gear. I then scoffed at the guy running the dyno I had it on when he said "theoretically" it would do 165mph haha.

Great to hear, Hope you have a good riding season.:punk:.

It was in the 50's up here until I took my bike out. now its 19deg and snow out side. Looks like I scared mother nature back into winter.:bang head:

I've heard those horror stories too. Then I threw caution to the wind and hit 10,500R's in 5th gear. I then scoffed at the guy running the dyno I had it on when he said "theoretically" it would do 165mph haha.

where do these maxs usually stop pulling at 140 145 ?,,,,,.... wait just rereag agaun you saying the max pulled 10,5 rpm in 5th...you pulling my leg you bastard you :biglaugh:

I'm Mad Maxing my Husqvarna (lawnmower)... Welding up a bumper and brush guard, making the spindles bullet-proof, and adding anti-freeze to the tires.
I ride year round, but I've GOT to cut the grass soon!:damn angry:

where do these maxs usually stop pulling at 140 145 ?,,,,,.... wait just rereag agaun you saying the max pulled 10,5 rpm in 5th...you pulling my leg you bastard you :biglaugh:

Uhhhhhh yeah, I'm pulling your leg. No way these bikes will do that, I mean, look at 'em.......

Hahahahahahaha

I had a nice two hour ride yesterday. It was a little nippy, I actually had to close some of the vents on my jacket. :eusa_dance:

Mike

WOOOOHOOOOO, got my Max out for its first ride last Thursday!!! Weather was perfect this weekend for riding, but my Max and I were at a show and didnt get to enjoy it:bang head: Oh well, hopefully this week I can get out for some fun.

Jim,
How'd the engine install go?
Can't wait to hear that rrrrip!

Dale #2592

:punk:

Only took my buddy and I an hour to reinstall engine into frame, then another couple of hours to put on the associated equipment that we had to remove. Fired right up once I was ready to start it. Have put only 50km (~30 miles) on it so far. Was messing around in front of Brads in first gear, hit Vboost, shifted to 2nd, and front wheel was 2ft off the ground immediately:biglaugh: Gotta love that torque!!!

Back