STAGE 7 PART- ORIFICE DJ7011.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavicool

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1624445471610.png

Hello,I find out that my kit do not have installed the *Orifice (part NO.DJ7011),I try to get it from Dinojet (not available),anybody knows is meassurements to made it? I think that coul be made from plastic/bronce...
The reason that I think this part needs to be install is because,I think, this parts "restricts" the amount of oil moisture in the pods air filters...

Best Regards.

It's a reasonably simple part. Make a stepped bushing that has enough diameter to prevent falling into the PCV hole before you put the hose on. A #30 or 1/8" hole in the center will suffice. Part seen in the left side of the pic (not the circled parts). It's common for the orifice to be stuck inside the hose so you might look in there for your old one.

Attachments

• Air Correctors.jpg
    Air Correctors.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Orifice Location.jpg
    Orifice Location.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 24
This one...

VMax Dynojet Stage 7 parts.png

I would get a bolt the size to snugly-fit into the hose, where it cannot fall-into the hose port on-top of the engine, cut-off the bolt head and drill a 1/8" hole in the bolt body, and press it in. No-need to exactly replicate the shape shown here.

If you don't have a lathe, it can be done with a drill press, but you put the piece to be drilled in the chuck and the drill bit in the vice. That way the drill self centres. Note using aluminium will make the job easier.

In fact, you don't even need to drill a hole, just file a flat on the side, do the math on how much to remove that is equivalent of the 3.12mm hole.

If you have a carb kit, they usually come with different size jets, one could be modified to suit. Again putting the brass in the chuck and using a file to reduce diameter.

If you don't have a lathe, it can be done with a drill press, but you put the piece to be drilled in the chuck and the drill bit in the vice. That way the drill self centres. Note using aluminium will make the job easier.

In fact, you don't even need to drill a hole, just file a flat on the side, do the math on how much to remove that is equivalent of the 3.12mm hole.

If you have a carb kit, they usually come with different size jets, one could be modified to suit. Again putting the brass in the chuck and using a file to reduce diameter.
Good advise !! thank you.

... Oh, if thus fits inside a rubber hose, then making a flat won't wok, so instead make slot using a hacksaw.

I need to go back and reread this topic to understand the purpose of this.....

... Oh, if thus fits inside a rubber hose, then making a flat won't wok, so instead make slot using a hacksaw.

I need to go back and reread this topic to understand the purpose of this.....
He's thinking the rubber will deform to mostly-fill any flattened piece on the circumference of the metal plug, while a saw kerf down to the middle of the plug will still allow passage of vapor or oil liquid.

I have a S7 type breather fitted to mine but have never installed a restricter without any apparent ill effect i.e no excessive oil consumption or signs of oil in the filter.

I appreciate that if the motor has excessive piston blow by and crankcase pressure then the air/ oil separator may not cope but otherwise question if it is necessary.

Dynojet would have to allow for the worst case scenario thus its inclusion.

Have you run the bike without it?

I have a S7 type breather fitted to mine but have never installed a restricter without any apparent ill effect i.e no excessive oil consumption or signs of oil in the filter.

I appreciate that if the motor has excessive piston blow by and crankcase pressure then the air/ oil separator may not cope but otherwise question if it is necessary.

Dynojet would have to allow for the worst case scenario thus its inclusion.

Have you run the bike without it?
Yes,I did.. and it looks like "there ia a lot of oil moisture" in the foward filters...that´s why I suspected of the the "vapor control" piece..it was NOT INSTALLED...

Latest posts

Back