Stage 7 w/o V Boost carb sync question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMax Steve

Reaction score
I have removed the v boost along with doing a complete stage 7 mod several years ago. The bike now needs a good carb cleaning. I've tried the shotgun and pea shooter, but have problems off idle - the bike runs fine at idle with choke - dies when giving it throttle.

Done the Seafoam trick - helps sometimes - changed out the gas, new fuel filter, etc.

Bike is a 92 and has never had the carbs off since the mod. Guess it is time for a good cleaning.

I have an old mercury carb stick, which I used to balance the carbs way back when, but understand from the forum that I should be using a Weber synchrometer. What I am unsure of is exactly how. Do I only need one, and read one carb at a time, switching between ! and 2 until they give the same reading? Then 3 and 4 the same way? Then the banks to each other? Do I need any adaptors, or will it just simply fit into the carb body? I assume I need the STE SK model and not the BK high flow model - correct?

Many thanks for the help. This is a great forum with tons of good info. I searched for detail info on using a Weber, but didn't find a thread, so if I missed it, my apologies for the bandwidth.

I recommend a thorough cleaning and go through and check all the gaskets and o-rings.

As far as I know the Weber meter fits right into the carb bore. You can get one and do as you explained and just swap back and forth. It's probably easier to get two meters but that of course is less easy on the pocket book.

Welcome to VMF!

That's how I synch mine....1 to 2 then 3 to 4 then both sides. You just flip the synch back and forth. Fits right into the velocity stacks on mine. But if you have stage 7 no velocity stacks?

Dale #2592

Steve, could try putting the Weber in the carb bore input itself. Otherwise can get some rubber plumbing tube to fit over for a tighter fit.

Back