Still can't get my bike running right

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron,

Been following your saga. I believe this video sums up the problems your having with your bike. You can lose 10+ HP with a bad pipe. I believe the person you should be talking to is the man who sold you that pipe. Put a Kerker on it and Sean's kit then put it on a dyno.

I won't debate about the pipes because I don't know, what I do know is the bike ran fine before I ever had U Motors touch it trying to install a jet kit. The only reason I installed the kit was because it had the pipes and I thought when you add pipes you always have to re jet or else you will run either rich or lean, the bike wasn't showing me any problems it was in my head. I know a lot of people don't like Jon and I haven't dealt with him enough to know so I just accept what everyone says about him.

If the pipe is my problem I'd sure like to know for sure. Since I am taking the bike apart I can take the pipes off and sell them or trade them for something and buy a new set. But as I said I didn't feel the bike run bad at all before trying to install the kit with the exception it was a bit loud for me. My problems started when U Motors broke down the carbs to clean them...after that my bike wouldn't run right even after putting the carbs back to stock.

Ron
[/QUOTE]

Ron,

I've never had a problem with Jon at UFO. He's been around a long time and over the years my brother and I have purchased many parts from him. In fact I had a UFO dual setup with oval carbon cans on one of my bikes and loved it. It had a deep Maserati rumble and the bike ran great. It had stock carbs with a good tune. And it a was fast... never had it dyno'd.
It was my street bike and I didn't care.

On a modified engine thats to be used for strictly drag racing. The 4 into 1 with a meg is the ultimate horsepower pipe. Especially with equal length runners. But it's very difficult to tune for all around everyday riding. And loud even with a baffle.

The pipe you have is a modified version of that drag pipe. The kerker is tried and true. It makes excellent HP and can be tuned for every day riding. The exhaust note can be changed by simply changing the baffle or removing it completely. Making it my number one choice.

When I first started racing I had to have a Dynojet stage 7 jet kit. Spent hundreds of dollars to get the setup. Had the setup dyno'd... more hundreds!:bang head: Brought it back to the track and lost 2 tenths on my time slip. :hmmm: went back and forth with Dyna and ended up going back to the tuned stock carb setup with the air box and the bike ran it's best time. Go figure.

My recommendation to you is to take that money you will give those dealers or shops with dyno's and spend it on lots and lots of tools. Learn how to do things on your own bike. Tuning is not that difficult and there are people on this forum that can help you with anything you may want to do... including modifying your own engine. Yes you can build your own motor! If you have the proper tools and do a little reading.

it compares the vaccuum pressure of two carbs, 2 of them wouldn't really help all that much more.

no it really wouldnt... i have synched em with just 2 guages.

just takes a little longer. just synch each carb to the master carb.

in our case #2 i really wish they wouldnt use mercury i those things.

i would buy one if they didnt. should be a law against that toxic shit!:bang head:

ive been thru this carbs n pipes n shit in my younger days...

now i dont mess with em any more. im happy with the power and i have my engine tuned so it runs VERY well. now i can RIDE RIDE RIDE.:punk:

I wonder if we are having similar issues. i have ufo pipes (has 4 tips) but our bikes sound and idle about the same. however ive noticed mine doesnt run as well as it should either

Mine ran fine until I had the dealership try to install Sean's jet kit. The mechanic took the carbs totally part and said he cleaned them because he thought he might have dropped some dirt or something in them. Then after that the bike never ran good again.

I feel it's the carbs, the only thing I didn't like about the UFO pipes was it was too loud "For Me"

Ron

Latest posts

Back