Suzuki Bankruptcy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m-cman

Alien Abductee
Reaction score
Wonder how this will affect Suzuki? Always liked their bikes... :confused2:

I may be biased because I own a Bandit but if Suzuki can add direct more R&D $ to its bikes and ATV's, so much the better. Suzuki's GSXR class has been on the high end of the sport bike market for many years.

Blaine

Always kind of wondered if Suzuki actually made any money off it's cars. Never saw very many around....when you think of Suzuki, you think gixxer....not Vitara.

The only Suzuki car I've ever experienced is a friend's-girlfriend's old Vitara, painted this fantastically ugly metallic-ish brown/coppery color. We all called it the Chicken Nugget since that was the closest thing we could think of to it's color.

Suzuki got into snowmobiles in the early 70s..........Didn't do well there either...........Tom.

I think you will find that what they are doing is to stop importing four wheeled vehicles into the States.
They will continue production for other markets.

The Chapter 11 is to allow them to stay in charge of their business and undertake an orderly re-structure.

Suzuki got into snowmobiles in the early 70s..........Didn't do well there either...........Tom.

Arctic Cat has been using Suzuki engines for decades. Especially when the "laydown" twins came out in 03, they are famously powerful and reliable. The Suzuki built 700 twin is legendary among snowmobilers, 140hp animal right out of the box, they run forever, are nigh impossible to blow up, and respond very well to mods. Supposedly these were designed by Cat, then farmed out to Suzuki to actually build them. In any case, quality was second to none.

However in the past few years Cat has bought back all the corporate stock Suzuki holds, and has started in-house building for most of their ATV engines. Rumors say they're going to start building their own sled engines as well for the 2015 model year.

Back