sync'd carbs---close to perfect?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06VMAXIMUS

Reaction score
Just got my morgan carbtuner, and sync'd the carbs on my 06 with 6,800 miles. First time I have done it, and it was perfect.....kinda scary that they did not need adjusting. I figured since I waited so long to do it that they would be way off. Is this out of the ordinary?

I don't think so. From time to time, when I've checked mine, sometimes they've been a bit out, sometimes hardly needed adjusting.
On a newer bike like yours, it makes sense they would still be spot on - the adjusting screws and springs are in better shape and less likely to move under vibration, especially with so few miles on the clock.

At 1200 rpm they were perfect, and as I raised up the rpm's they rose a little off from each other, but seemed to settle and even out to each other... I assumed this was normal. I pulled one of the spark plugs, looked a little "sooty" on the outside, but the center was an off white color.

Sounds about right Maximus....read somewhere, maybe in the Carbtune booflet, carb sync should be good for 3K or so miles.

Syncing is only setting the throttle plates to open exactly at the same time....normal driving shouldn't really affect that setting much if everything else is OK like springs, linkage, etc.

Latest posts

Back