synchronizing the carbs using the carbtune

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deepseamax

Reaction score
Hello,
Can anybody give me detailed instructions concerning the use of the carbtune II on a vmax. I've tried to find some on-line, but can't seem to find any links that are still valid.

1st time, take your time and make a drawing of the adjustment screws layout that you can understand while you're working. It'll save a lot of frustration....

Good Luck....

They aren't bad to do. 1st time will take you an hour, then you'll get faster at doing them each time. Takes me about 15 min., and 10 of that is getting it hooked up and breaking it down! Let us know if you have any questions after reading the sticky that Mike posted for you, and I'm sure someone will help you out. Welcome to the VMF!!!

Deepseamax,
Welcome to the forum. Here's a two page summary (adobe format) from Mark Milne's thread on syncing the carbs with the Carbtune. I keep a copy of this handy when I'm syncing carbs as a procedure reminder. Hope this is what you're looking for.

Attachments

• Carb sync procedure.pdf
    404 KB · Views: 61
Keep a good size fan blowing on engine if you think you are going to be a while. The hoses carbtune uses collapse if too much heat gets to them.

Give the engine a little blip after each adjustment and recheck. Not advisable with a mercuy stick-I have a friend looking for just the mercury... lol
Steve-0

Thanks for the information and links. What is "sea foam?" It seems to me that it is some kind of fuel additive, but I don't know anything about it. Also, is it easy to get?

Exactly, and it can be found at pretty much any auto parts store or Amazon.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

That's the correct name (sea foam)... not some kind of slang?

Seafoam is the name

sf-lg-motortreatment_product.jpg

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motor-treatment.html

google is your friend

Back