Tank bag setups...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR_NST

Reaction score
Im looking to build an electronic tank bag. one that can run my smart phone, Sirius satillite radio, and other electronic devices....

Has anyone out there done this? if you have lets see your creation.

my plan is to start with a 2 compartment magnetic tank bag. unknown brand yet. id like to have a medium sized (15 litre) with a clear top. i can get a waterproof bag connection, (see pictures below), and utilize the power leads (sae) from the battery tender(second pic) then pickup a multi port cigerette plug with a usb charger(first pic).

put all the electronic guts in the bottom of the tank bag, wire the phone cord, sirius radio and anteanna into the clear compartment, while still using the mid part for other stuff, wallet, gum, snacks etc...

Ill post my lil build when i get the parts together. right now im just fishing for other ideas.... thanks everyone.

Peace,
evan

Attachments

• Tank-bag-charging-system.JPG
    Tank-bag-charging-system.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 22
  • PTB-001_p_166_webl.jpg
    PTB-001_p_166_webl.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 15
I think Nelson-Rigg and Marsee already make tank bags with similar features. There are probably others. Might be cheaper to buy ready-made, especially Nelson-Rigg as they have low internet pricing from some vendors.

Never heard of that manufacturer, ill check it out thanks!!!

peace,
evan...

as far as my research has led me, all connections and hardware will be of the powerlet brand. www.powerlet.com they seem to be the premiere manufacturer of parts for this project. but if some sites are offering a better deal on powerlet stuff, im in...

peace,
evan...

Back