This looks like some fun

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was always fund of husqvarna and this one boasting over a hundred horses.......could be a wild ride.

Husqvarna and BMW worked together on that bike, the result could really be great.
100hp for a light weight, that's gonna be wild I think :)

Seeing the origami-style bodywork, it reminds me of the Hans Muth Suzuki Katana designs. If i had one of those new Huskys, I would be looking over my shoulder for 'Bumblebee' to show-up & morph into some Transformers robot & the same to happen to my Husky too!

In MI in the early 1970's I used to see the burgundy & chorme tank Husky's at the enduros & hare scrambles I was doing. The guys who had those were usually the better, more-experienced and more-well-off ($) riders. I recall one guy tearing by me along a powerline right-of-way during the Mt. Garfield MI "Pearl Harbor Anniversary" enduro. A December enduro in MI is not to be taken lightly! Plenty of snow. The entire powerline right-of-way area was frozen-over & flooded underneath w/about a ft. of water, w/only a thin layer of ice, not thick-enough to bear the weight of a rider. About 50 yds. into it, I came to a stop, having lost my forward momentum, just ahead of two other riders, & as we sat there deciding what to do, a Husky 360 came thru, he was hiked back over the rear fender & held the throttle pinned as he made his way down the route, a geyser-roostertail of frozen water and ice crystals behind him. We took turns getting our bikes out, and since there was no-way to complete the path w/o going thru the area we all found to be impassable, we headed back to the start-finish, defeated. My buddy got a 2nd on his Rickman/Zundapp.

It looks like the Husky has a long swingarm to help control the wheelies. I assume it's a 'clean-sheet' design compared to the BMW 800 cc parallel-twins?

Ah, when ya come-down to it, it's "just a Triumph twin!":rofl_200:

Seeing the origami-style bodywork, it reminds me of the Hans Muth Suzuki Katana designs.

The thing that gets me about Muth's designs is when he went from BMW to Suzuki, he really didn't stray too far from his comfort zone.

When they called the bike "Nuda" the first thing that jumped in my mind was that old zuk concept ride back in the mid 80's. Its kind of funny, it was a vurtual space ship back then, now it could pass for something thats being made today.

Attachments

• r65ls-1.jpg
    r65ls-1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 12
  • R65_1-600x401.jpg
    R65_1-600x401.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 13
  • 54-suzuki-gsx-1100-s-katana.jpg
    54-suzuki-gsx-1100-s-katana.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 13
  • 1987_Nuda_AC-London_01_450.jpg
    1987_Nuda_AC-London_01_450.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 1987_Nuda_AC-London_02_768.jpg
    1987_Nuda_AC-London_02_768.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 13
People ahead of their time in design often struggle to find widespread acceptance. Some are better-received. Look at Raymond Lowey, who has a decades-lomg history of design excellance in everything from train design, to the Coca-cola bottle, to the 1953 Studebaker Starliner Coupe, one of the most recognizable American automotive designs.

Then you have people like Rumpler, who designed probably the first aerodynamic car at the time of WW I. Another is William Stoudt, whose Scarab used many engineering innovations to create a car which never saw widespread production, but whose ideas have been used in millions of cars produced since.

Muth is a visionary who has the rare gift to actually see his ideas become reality. The market demands incremental steps to maintain market share, when a company takes a leap of faith to test the boundaries of market acceptance, it shows a lot of faith in the designer's abilities, because to risk failure may mean the company's demise. Ford had such a time with the first generation Taurus, whose 'jellybean' shape was considered radical when it was introduced, but quickly found acceptance in the marketplace and helped Ford to once again enjoy fiscal stability when it was previously in danger of going out of business.

Back