Time for a handgun?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're going to wear it on your hip, nothing wrong with a .357 Mag 6" or 8" barrel. It's a great hunter, and cheap ammo can be fired in it for plinking/practice.
+1 for the wheel gun for hunting or even PP. Training , license to carry and practice, practice, practice!
I use a auto though for mostly fun though I need to get the training and license and practice more!

that will completely vaporize the top half of the cylinder! :bang head:
Something tells me this guy :bang head: might have experienced this!

+1 for the wheel gun for hunting or even PP. Training , license to carry and practice, practice, practice!
I use a auto though for mostly fun though I need to get the training and license and practice more!

Something tells me this guy :bang head: might have experienced this!

I have a few autos also but my go-to for PP is a Charter Arms Pitbull 9mm, easily concealed, totally dependable and packs a serious punch.

Yes BB, this guy certainly did experience this....Ruger gave me a brand new Blackhawk free if I would donate the blown up one to their showcase. Don't know if it's still there or not.

Thanks Guys!

I like the quote about a .22 is better than a whatever left at home, nice!

Alright, the rent deposit will go towards a Glock m19. What model, 3 or 4?

I've shot it once at the range. It feels good and I was pretty accurate for a first time shooter, and it isn't too expensive. It's a shame that it is so expensive to try out different handguns. I don't have enough close friends to go do that with. It's like you try what you can, and the options are limited to that..? Or do you take a risk and buy what looks cool and feels good, without sending one round through it...?

I know not everyone is all about Trump, and he IS the man for 2nd amendment rights, but honestly I've been behind Trump since the early days of this campaign, and the debates, Oh, the Debates....Little Rubio....lol. It was quite a scene and because of Trump, I've gotten involved in the political race, for the first time ever.

Gotta hand it to the man, straight up. He is the only one in this world that can pull off what he has, and what he will do! It's great and I'm looking forward to it.

Ok, alright I've got to make a serious effort to get this gun. That means applying for a permit to purchase first.....

I totally agree with the comment about more and more people conceal and carrying. I'll start work on my part to be one of them, thanks guys!

I think finding a gun that feels good is the most important factor....after that it's all practice. You can master any gun if you fire it enough, and if it feels good in the gun store it will become part of you after a couple thousand rounds.

Same holds true for holsters.

Like VMaxxes , firearms can be addicting.

I'll keep that in mind...

Hey quick for all you gun guys out there. My brother was just raggin' on me just now cuz I mentioned a Glock m19, probably gen 3 but gen 4 is probable. He was like, "oh they are cheap sh*t IMO", "the gun just lacks overall modularity and practicality", "pieces of sh*t", "no safety", "gimmicky composite bodies"...

He said get a Sig p226.

Twice the price. This kid is 10yrs my younger, built an AR15 and now needs a lower (i dont know what that means).

He doesn't own a handgun yet, nor do I, but I have shotgun, he dont, I have a bow, he dont, I kill deer, he hasn't, got the Vmax, he don't, got the looks, he don't, here we go, BROTHERS WAR!!!!

He's a Millenial, with most things done for him and has the 2x my pay job....and still b*tches.... that kid has no idea how many dirty diapers I changed him out of....my goodness.

how do I shut him up....lol, all in good love of course...

I have a 226 and the 19, if you plan to carry the 19 of much more comfortable. 226 is great for open carry, but I haven't even tried concealed, it is too damn big. Glocks have multiple safeties just not a button or toggle switch. Read up on Glock safety measures, this is definitely a non issue unless you want a button or toggle switch.

Almost forgot... this was all before my unfortunate boating accident where I lost all my firearms :biglaugh:

I have a 226 and the 19, if you plan to carry the 19 of much more comfortable. 226 is great for open carry, but I haven't even tried concealed, it is too damn big. Glocks have multiple safeties just not a button or toggle switch. Read up on Glock safety measures, this is definitely a non issue unless you want a button or toggle switch.

Almost forgot... this was all before my unfortunate boating accident where I lost all my firearms :biglaugh:

Ha!

Good! Thanks for the info! Keep it comin fellas! Educate me! I love learning from those who have lived it.

I have a Sig P250 full size .45 and the 9mm caliber conversion in compact (mid-size). The full size .45 is a great shoulder rig piece but pretty bulky for CC....the compact 9mm is great for CC however.

Yeah, the Sig is pricey but a super fine handgun IMO.....my caliber conversion kit even came thru with Tritium night sights....free!

Also has a Sig laser light and with some hi-cap mags...even in a hi-stress situation... you will eventually put one or two where they count.

Oh yeah....that was before that mysterious water spout incident....................:blink000:

Lots of pawn shops here carry used handguns , rifles , etc. Go visit a few and see which one fits your hand. 38 or 380 cal. would be a minimum , 9mm and 40 cal. are my personal favorites , but as you start this journey , 45 and 357 are worth having in your collection.

9t04tt.jpg

ete8ie.jpg

Lots of pawn shops here carry used handguns , rifles , etc. Go visit a few and see which one fits your hand. 38 or 380 cal. would be a minimum , 9mm and 40 cal. are my personal favorites , but as you start this journey , 45 and 357 are worth having in your collection.

I went to a range and shot a Glock 19 gen 3. 9mm. I once shot 6 rounds through a 44 mag revolver, Dirty Harry, it was something else. Anyways I have very minimal experience with handguns, and it isn't too cheap to try them out...

Locally around here I can rent a lane at the range for $15/30 mins or $20/hr, rent their gun for another $20, and buy their ammo (liability reasons) for 50 cents a round or close to it....That's expensive and adds up, so after shooting the 9mm (after some warm up with a .22, which was fun) I didnt do too shabby my first time. The 19 seems like a real solid choice for many folks, but, I don't have experience shooting any other 9mm (which would be my choice of caliber).

I can go hold as many as I want, but it's like....buy it and THEN see if it will work for ya..? Nah can't do that....so might as well start off with the 19 and just take it from there.....

I went to a range and shot a Glock 19 gen 3. 9mm. I once shot 6 rounds through a 44 mag revolver, Dirty Harry, it was something else. Anyways I have very minimal experience with handguns, and it isn't too cheap to try them out...

Locally around here I can rent a lane at the range for $15/30 mins or $20/hr, rent their gun for another $20, and buy their ammo (liability reasons) for 50 cents a round or close to it....That's expensive and adds up, so after shooting the 9mm (after some warm up with a .22, which was fun) I didnt do too shabby my first time. The 19 seems like a real solid choice for many folks, but, I don't have experience shooting any other 9mm (which would be my choice of caliber).

I can go hold as many as I want, but it's like....buy it and THEN see if it will work for ya..? Nah can't do that....so might as well start off with the 19 and just take it from there.....

Glocks ( and many others ) , hold their value very well. If you find something you like better , they can be sold quickly , or go to the " back-up " status. All cops have and carry a back-up .

Glocks ( and many others ) , hold their value very well. If you find something you like better , they can be sold quickly , or go to the " back-up " status. All cops have and carry a back-up .

I've heard that as well, Glocks holding value... Hmm, makes me want to go to Scheels and check it out again, like today!

Now, is there somewhere on my Vmax where I can shove a sawed off shotgun like Arnold in T2?

Seems like a Glock crowd in here...great guns no doubt...but just like being a Mopar guy with hot rods I'm a S&W kinda guy with handguns...Started with a Combat Magnum model 19 .357 , a model 39 9mm , and a Chiefs Special .45 for my everyday carry ( and that means when I go out on the bike ) . No complaints ever . :punk:

Latest posts

Back