Took Project NONAME out. Still needs some tweaking

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick.

Reaction score
I took the bike out yesterday and she runs great, a little lag in the throttle but i think it's just too much slack in the cable.

My main concern is that when I was stopped at an intersection the bike died randomly. I started it back up and rode until I hit another intersection and it died again. It seems like if I'm riding it around and then have to stop it will die on me, holding the clutch in and everything, just slowly put down and stop.

Anyone know what could be going on?

whats the idle speed at? how about voltage? r u running COps?

The warm idle speed is at about 1100ish. I'm not sure what my voltage is, I'll need to snag a regulator from my neighbor when I can, and I'm running coils. Although COPS would be nice to run but I just want to get this bad boy moving good before I dig into it like that

Random misfire? Check plug wires/caps for spark over to the valve covers. It might need to be in the dark to tell for sure.

if it's a misfire I'll have to shear off a little of the ends the screw into the coils so fresh wires are exposed

Back