VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this has nothing to do with the turbo stuff, just a basic clutch slop mod.

Yes it is, I talk with Gary every couple of weeks. I may try to give him a call shortly and see what the latest update it. There have been a few "helpers" that never really came through and Gary has had to find a few other people to assist on make some of the parts. I'll try to post any new news.

Jeff

Hey Jeff as you know if help is needed on getting the sketches into billet let me know and i'll do whatever is in my reach

Hey Jeff as you know if help is needed on getting the sketches into billet let me know and i'll do whatever is in my reach

Thanks, and I will pass this on to Gary, but I think right now it is more or less designed, just waiting to put the pieces together. I hope to provide a better update soon.

Thanks,
Jeff

How about an update? I'm sure there are a lot of us out here that are really interested in this project.

There have been some very recent updates. Some parts of the billet intake have been machined. There are more to go. Once intake, turbo, and wastegate are mocked up, it will go out for exhaust design and fab

Lots of ideas flying around regarding functional scoops and custom radiator. Still have a long way to go.

Any update on this project? time-frame? I will be coming into some money soon ($3700 insurance claim due to damage to the bike when shipped from base to base) and would love to spend it on this turbo kit ;)

There have been some very recent updates. Some parts of the billet intake have been machined. There are more to go. Once intake, turbo, and wastegate are mocked up, it will go out for exhaust design and fab

Lots of ideas flying around regarding functional scoops and custom radiator. Still have a long way to go.
hey mike did you see the rh scoop.if so what do you think?

I think I am ready for this mod aslong it has clean lines and doesn't look like you are carting around someones grocery cart :)

Gannon

hey mike did you see the rh scoop.if so what do you think?

Yes, I did check it out. I am a member on the other forum. Mike B is my user name over there.

I don't have the technical knowledge to give constructive feedback. I really like the idea you are running with and think it will make for a very clean install. Looks like what you came up with will provide a good amount of air to the carb. Not sure if boxing the left scoop and running a crossover will be needed or not with the right one opened up like you have shown. My main concern would be if there is enough surface area on the filter to allow enough air to pass thru without choking the bike. But, like I said, I don't have the smarts to say one way or the other. I definitely like the looks of it.

Yes, I did check it out. I am a member on the other forum. Mike B is my user name over there.

I don't have the technical knowledge to give constructive feedback. I really like the idea you are running with and think it will make for a very clean install. Looks like what you came up with will provide a good amount of air to the carb. Not sure if boxing the left scoop and running a crossover will be needed or not with the right one opened up like you have shown. My main concern would be if there is enough surface area on the filter to allow enough air to pass thru without choking the bike. But, like I said, I don't have the smarts to say one way or the other. I definitely like the looks of it.

Hey Mike

What other forum?

good,i hadnt heard from you.as soon as i get some play cash im going to get some of kinsler fuel injections filter media.it isnt very restrictive -its designed with hp in mind.there are mathematical equations you are to use to figure up the proper filter size.what i do know is that the entrance of that scoop is larger than the carb throat so we should be good.and its pretty slippery without too abrupt a turn into the crab throat.it should be fine.if not ill redesign them.i thought about slicing that scoop open with a band saw and opening it up some more but its already larger than the stock size by a good bit.i am also going to run a header evac with a catch can to see if i can improve the ring seal without spending much dough.if it works you guys may want to do the same thing.did you check out procomp gauges yet?

Yes, I checked out that link you posted. Seems like they have some nice stuff and decent prices. Im still thinking about something like the stack st700 for up on the bars. I need an electric speeds and id like to remove the tach and temp gauges from the cluster and mount a/f and boost gauges in their place. Trying to keep the bike looking clean and uncluttered. One of the reasons im digging the scoop idea your working on and the short dump pipe for exhaust.

The crankcase evac setup seems simple enough. I like the idea of a catch can. Any reason why you can't run a drain from the catch can to let any oil back into the crankcase?

maybe- the turbo is going to have to have an oil return also.i have seen them plumbed into the top of the clutch cover ,i am going to try and return my oil back through the oil fill hole.i have a morley jet kit on my other max and the cap has a hole drilled and tapped for half inch npt and a quickconnect fitting there.the oil that would accumulate isnt going to be much.so maybe tie a drain hose from the bottom of the can into the turbo oil return.you could just open it occasionally and dump it in the crankcase.im going to work on getting us some prices for the cooling system mods next.im off next week.also on this forum under the vboost room.there are some guys experimenting with a controllable ignition.its fully programmable and cheap.you would need a laptop or pc in the garage.and a long enough usb cable to interface the controller.ill get on that also.we are going to need to back the ignition timing down progressively as boost rises to control detonation.this may be an option.bought my nitrous system last week.got a full wet kit for a steal 400.00.it will need to be tweaked a little.it came with plastic lines -ill run braided stainless and it came with a 2lb bottle.gary ran a 1lb on turbo1 so that it would fit under the tank cover.more later, take care mike

Im with you on the drain you describe. Pretty much the exact same thing I was thinking. Just didn't know if the oil would be contaminated with any blow by? I've got the Morley kit too but the oil fill plug has a barb for hose connection. Either way works I guess.

I never gave the timing much thought other than using a Dyna on a retard setting. The controller dingy posted sounds interesting though. Didn't think it would be a big deal running only 7lbs of boost.

Nice score on the nitrous. I got some carrillos real cheap in hopes to someday find a deal on some 8:1 pistons and then up the boost to 15psi or so.

Nice -im going that route too later.and it will be fine running low boost,but when you upgrade later and who are we kidding, you know you will.lol you will need a boost retard.or at least adjustable timing.i have a email in to them asking if it will support sequential injection and 2 bars of pressure at least.i did some work tonight-trying to find the best way to route the cooling lines-looks like i may be able to mount the venture junction under the tci and relocate the coil bracket along with some electronics.some of the stuff isnt going to be used anyway so no biggie.it will be even better if you use that controller as its half the size of the stock tci.took the rad down to get sizing for the rad company-need to make a drawing of it and see what kind of dough they want.more to come soon,later mike

Latest posts

Back