VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE:
I know Gary called Morley as well as myself this weekend, and he has NOT forgotten us. He has a lot on his plate right now, but this project IS going to happen this spring. Gary has been very busy and is working on about 10 different things right now, but for all of those involved with this, the wait WILL be worth it!

I'm getting my Mikuni 42mm HSR carb cleaned up and put together and it will be sent off to Gary hopefully within the week.

Just thought I would let everyone know that this project is still moving forward.

Cheers,

Jeff

This is good to hear. Would still like to talk to him though. He has some parts that I need back. If you hear from him again would you please ask him to return a call.
Thanks

I hope to get the turbo and wastegates ordered this week too! It was nice to hear from Gary!
Sean

Just thought i'd stop in here to sweep the floor and wash the windows :biglaugh:

Yea, i've been having some trouble getting in touch with Gary myself. I don't follow him on the dragbike forum though so if anyone sees him over there, holler at him for us.
Sean

I got this message from Gary the other day

".................... I'm working at the turbo project and will have some pics up soon. Having a problem with getting some parts machined, keep getting the next week excuse. I can't complain, because he is doing the machining for us for free. Once I have the plenum and turbo mounted... the project will progress quickly"

I know I'm getting anxious. I sold all kinds of parts to fund the turbo project and haven't been able to ride all year. Hopefully it will all come together soon and the wait will be worth it.

Has there been any more progress on this project, or is it still on hold? I'm hoping it's still on. Was it going to require grooving the cylinder for wire O ring and copper head gaskets?

No groving required for the baseline kit though big boost might require it. I haven't had much luck contacting Gary in sometime. We as a group have some significant money wrapped up in this so far and I know patience is a virtue but we are all very anxious to get moving forward.

Last I knew the parts were being milled for the intakes and misc.

Sean

guys, what about supercharging? has anyone done it? i know some people at vfrd.com made a supercharger kit for honda vfr800. what do you think? it's a V4 aswell.

It has been done. There was a supercharged Max around, I think it was "nobody's".

I always thought that superchargers rock, but on bike they stick out of one side and I'd be dead worried about my leg on that side..

Thinkin about doin' a turbo on my bike. Should i start taking it apart now ? :biglaugh:

guys, what about supercharging? has anyone done it? i know some people at vfrd.com made a supercharger kit for honda vfr800. what do you think? it's a V4 aswell.

I had a supercharger on my old Max, big power, big money, big fun.

Just have plenty of $$$$ and good mechanical skills, and everything will be alright.

UPDATE:
I know Gary called Morley as well as myself this weekend, and he has NOT forgotten us. He has a lot on his plate right now, but this project IS going to happen this spring. Gary has been very busy and is working on about 10 different things right now, but for all of those involved with this, the wait WILL be worth it!

I'm getting my Mikuni 42mm HSR carb cleaned up and put together and it will be sent off to Gary hopefully within the week.

Just thought I would let everyone know that this project is still moving forward.

Cheers,

Jeff

Well...if nobody has noticed its august 4th...no Turbo.:ummm:

Spring has sprung...no turbo:ummm:

Don't hold your breath:confused2:

I actually called and left a message on Gary's phone this afternoon so someone was reading my mind. Anyone living close by can stop in and see if he's still around.

Sean

I had a supercharger on my old Max, big power, big money, big fun.

Just have plenty of $$$$ and good mechanical skills, and everything will be alright.

i've read a lot of good about eaton m45 superchargers being a stock fitment on mini cooper s, sealed and maintenance free, guaranteed by bmw etc.
people change them over for bigger ones, and used ones go for about ?150 on ebay, often less.
what else would i need?
plenum? welded? cnc'd?
pulleys and belts etc?
1 carb or injection?
ecu?

i'm actually building a vf1000fe project in my spare time, so that would take it first i reckon.

Back