turn signal extenders

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bumper

Reaction score
Turn signal extenders........Looking for some for my 85 vmax. I change to a different style turn signal and they don't extend out far enough on the front. Found some in Germany but they don't ship to the US.

Not sure. it had some junk on it when I got it. Not the factory ones. These have running lights and when mounted are only half inch away from the shock.

I just made some. I bought some chrome short stalk signals, but later picked up a front fairing. Now the signals are half hidden by the fairing. So I got a short bolt and nut, 1-1/2" long I think, that matched the threads of the turn signals. I cut a 2" piece of 1/2" diameter aluminum tube and with a coarse grit sanding drum for my dremel, I cut a hole in the middle of the tube. Using the sanding drum gave me an elliptical hole and it didn't take much to smooth out the edges with a small grinding bit. The 1/2" tube fits nicely over the turn signal threads, just not real snug. Put the short bolt thru the turn signal mount locations, threads pointing outward and secure with the nut. Pass the turn signal wires thru one end of the piece of tube and out the hole in the middle. Slide the tube all the way to the base of the turn signal, then onto the short bolt. Right now I have them held together with RTV silicone. Once I'm back on the road I may look for something with a stronger bond.

Found some, harley makes em, ebay here we come. might have to do some rethreading but I think they will work out, thanks

Latest posts

Back