Two short sentences

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnMax/Magniac

Reaction score
http://forums.delphiforums.com/roadstar122/messages/?msg=8773.1

[FONT=&quot]Worth thinking about[/FONT][FONT=&quot],[/FONT][FONT=&quot] these two short sentences will tell you a lot about our government and our culture:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we ARE encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works. And here's another one worth considering.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2. Seems we constantly hear about how Social Security is going to run out of money.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot] How come we never hear about welfare [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]running out of money? What's interesting is the first group "worked for" their money, but the second didn't. Think about it.....[/FONT]

LOL....I shouldn't have read this thread....I thought that we weren't supposed to question authority...

Here's another one:

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the American Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

How about this one...."Just ask any Vietnam vet how well the government runs Healthcare."

It is amazing that people who think we cannot afford to pay for doctors , hospitals and medication , somehow think that we can afford to pay for doctors , hospitals and medication and a government bureaucracy to administer it.

~ Thomas Sowell

How about this one...."Just ask any Vietnam vet how well the government runs Healthcare."

Especially if in the Dallas area. I am a VN vet. The VA Hospital here is rated the worst in the whole system. Been on the news and in the paper several times the last year. I can vouch that the rating is correct as I have been using the facility for the last 8 or so years.

Another screwed up item is drugs. They do not give out prescriptions. All drugs come from their provider and cost 2 or 3 times the Wal-Mart, etc prices. All mine are generic which sell for $4 for a monthly amount at Wal-Mart and several other places. The cost from VA is $8 to $16 a month. Plus they order larger doses and require you to cut the pills in half but do not let the vet take the savings. When I was seeing a real doctor, he would prescribe the double size and let me have the savings. Cut the bill in half which would be even less that the $4 cost.

Wonder who is pocketing the difference???

Two words come to mind reading these. Logic and agenda. Those words don't always go together.

Especially if in the Dallas area. I am a VN vet. The VA Hospital here is rated the worst in the whole system. Been on the news and in the paper several times the last year. I can vouch that the rating is correct as I have been using the facility for the last 8 or so years.

Another screwed up item is drugs. They do not give out prescriptions. All drugs come from their provider and cost 2 or 3 times the Wal-Mart, etc prices. All mine are generic which sell for $4 for a monthly amount at Wal-Mart and several other places. The cost from VA is $8 to $16 a month. Plus they order larger doses and require you to cut the pills in half but do not let the vet take the savings. When I was seeing a real doctor, he would prescribe the double size and let me have the savings. Cut the bill in half which would be even less that the $4 cost.

Wonder who is pocketing the difference???

The Dallas VA doesn't have those fantastic (idiotic) policies all to themselves as it is the very same way here in MO & AR. Defies logic. And the Must Phone In prescription renewal process has it's share of pitfalls too. Not orderable before such and such date.....but when reordered, the new pills are guaranteed not to arrive before the prior script runs out - leaving patients w/o their meds for up to several days. F'ing brilliant!

The eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the crow.

The Dallas VA doesn't have those fantastic (idiotic) policies all to themselves as it is the very same way here in MO & AR. Defies logic. And the Must Phone In prescription renewal process has it's share of pitfalls too. Not orderable before such and such date.....but when reordered, the new pills are guaranteed not to arrive before the prior script runs out - leaving patients w/o their meds for up to several days. F'ing brilliant!

One of the ambulance services that I used to work for, had the VA contract for southwest OK. I didnt like a lot of the things that I saw.

A very recent experience of mine had me going to a Doctor in San Diego for pain in my knee and foot. Possible gout which is crystals forming in joints. The Doc prescribed me a drug called colcrys. 40 pills at 0.5 mg. I stop at CVS to fill. They tell me $263 dollars. "Forget that", I said. I come back to Baja and go to Walmart. They have a big book with all the U.S. drug names and what it's called in Mexico. They don't list colcrys. I go to my computer and research colcrys. I find out that it is the same as a very old generic drug called colchicine. I o find out that a U.S. drug company reformulated colchicine, got it accepted by the FDA as a new drug, had all the old colchicine taken off the market and jacked the price way up. I go back to a local pharmacy and ask for colchicine. I get 20 pills at 1.0 mg, cut in half, now I have my 40 pills. All for about $4.50. Plus down here medicine is sold over the counter, don't need a prescription.
David

A very recent experience of mine had me going to a Doctor in San Diego for pain in my knee and foot. Possible gout which is crystals forming in joints. The Doc prescribed me a drug called colcrys. 40 pills at 0.5 mg. I stop at CVS to fill. They tell me $263 dollars. "Forget that", I said. I come back to Baja and go to Walmart. They have a big book with all the U.S. drug names and what it's called in Mexico. They don't list colcrys. I go to my computer and research colcrys. I find out that it is the same as a very old generic drug called colchicine. I o find out that a U.S. drug company reformulated colchicine, got it accepted by the FDA as a new drug, had all the old colchicine taken off the market and jacked the price way up. I go back to a local pharmacy and ask for colchicine. I get 20 pills at 1.0 mg, cut in half, now I have my 40 pills. All for about $4.50. Plus down here medicine is sold over the counter, don't need a prescription.
David

Was that 263 with or without insurance?

Was that 263 with or without insurance?

No insurance, total out of pocket expense. Even with insurance the co=pay would be more than what I paid. I was floored when I saw the mark-up. Even a simple 100% wasn't good enough. That is how they get enough money to buy the politicians.
David

Latest posts

Back