UFO vmax brings 30k WTF

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1967vmax

Reaction score
Ok all i ask is WHY? Who in there right mind would 30k and reserve still not met for a 09 vmax??????:ummm:

+1 Yea, been following this too.....just plain crazy. It'll be interesting to see what the price gets to in the next couple days... closer to the deadline and whether the reserve gets met or not !

goes to show , some people belive everything they read

The way I see it is a new V Max is about 20k, add all the stuff that's been done to that bike(parts and labor) and your well over 30k. For someone wanting a unique one of a kind show bike and has the money why not? People are routinely spending that kind of money on new Goldwings,BMWs, Ducatis,HD and custom choppers so why not a bad ass 200 hp one off V Max? If that's what floats your boat and you can afford it why not.JMO

Mike

Some people want what they want and will just pay for it. To each his own. I hope whoever gets the bike enjoys it. It's a bit too "blingy" for my taste but still cool looking.

Ever see the Allegheny Ludlam Steel Co./Ford cars, done periodically to highlight the use of steel in autos? The concept began before WW II and was done to promote Fords and A.L's production of stainless steel.
http://www.atimetals.com/ludlum/pages/companyinfo/stainlesscars.asp
stainlesscar1.jpg

Now those are 'blingy cars!' And almost a half-century before the Delorean!

Like was said if it was a Harley nobody would be surprised.I Personally like the bike and if I bought a Gen 2 I'd be modding the hell out of it too. I'm not surprised at all. Just think of what all the mods themselves cost on top of the price of the bike and THEN there's all the labor to Buff, polish, chrome and whatever else that was installed and you know of its done by someone like Jon it will be right. So what it's worth is whatever someone is willing to pay.

I bet Cornell is the $30,000 bidder.:rofl_200:

I would take a stock new VMAX for under $20,000 over the Cornell Gen2, and get an extended 5 year warranty.

O

goes to show , some people belive everything they read

+1

New DragStar Pro-street chassis kits for the Vmax will be coming out this coming year..... You have heard the 85-07 labeled as the "Gen 1" Vmax and the 09-11 Vmax called the "Gen 2" , well these new stretched, aluminum, drop neck frames with the coolant running through the frame rails will be the "Gen 3" Max.

Unless it's made by Yamaha, it isn't generation anything.
I've seen the frame, to me it doesn't look much different then the kit chopper frames. Going to have to wait and see when everything gets bolted on to it, before a final thought. But from just looking at the frame and tank, It looks like it will look like the pro-street chopper kits.

Yep,some mighty fine V Maxes being built by Jon Cornell over at UFO.:biglaugh:Some lucky person is going to get a sweet bike! :cheers:
Mike

Wonder if we will see this for sale again in two or three years for 15k or something. Not like a bike like that could fly under the radar wherever it lands

I paid 10,200$ for my 09 w/ 4,173k on the clock. I'll never live long enough to see it turn into a collector so i'm going to drive the piss out of it. ( useing the 20,000$ ive saved for fuel and lodging ) to each his own though. If i made twice as much as i do 30k wouldnt be a big deal i guess.

I could have a nicely modded Gen 2, a couple of Gen 1s and a dual sport to get dirty on, some new riding gear and still have $ left over for gas and beer for that price. But as stated above, to each their Own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back