Ultrasonic cleaners

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright I have been doing carbs with carb dip for many years but I am fixing to bight the bullet & buy me a small ultrasonic cleaner with in the next day or so. I just wanted a little advice from people that have them. I had my eye on these 2 I just want to be able to do a couple carbs at a time so if any one has any insight pros cons etc. I am all ears. http://cgi.ebay.com/New-380-Watt-6-...734?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf634a8de http://cgi.ebay.com/PRO-2-75-L-400-...275?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b830ff33 http://cgi.ebay.com/PRO-2-75-L-400-...275?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b830ff33

We have one of those at work, though I don't think ours is quite that big. Ours was an "Omegasonics" brand.

Ours took FOREVER to heat up. I don't know what the wattage was, but if it had room temp water in the tub, it would take like 3 hours until it was "ready" at the highest temp setting. We usually got the hottest water we could from the tap and filled it with that to speed it along a bit.

We had this big bucket of "Omegaclean" detergent for ours. Added like an ounce to each tub. Would get kind of frothy and smell like a rest stop bathroom. Cleaned carbs great though. We always ran them at max temp(like 70*C or something), for the full hour cycle. Ours made a quite annoying buzzing the whole time it was on....loud enough to hear through the whole shop, even over a radio.

Shit so now I have to get a beter radio for the garage to.:rofl_200: I was also gonna ask what every one was using for cleaning solution. I have heard of all diffrent kinds of solutions I am gonna be primarily doing carbs.

Looks similar to the unit we have. The one we have will get smoking hot too. I use a custom chemical blend from a local guy (it's not available for sale though). I am actually thinking about changing out to a less toxic and smelly fluid but will have to simply test different stuff.

Sean

I had my eye on the bigger one I figured 380 watts would be pretty good its a little less wattage then the smaller one but I might want the extra room one day.

Last edited:
I have used the ultrasonic cleaners for gun parts for quite some time and they aren't loud in the slightest...

If you want a REAL ultrasonic cleaner, look at Blue Wave Ultrasonics. www.bluewaveinc.com

They're a customer of ours and WOW the quality put into these things is NUTS!!! The time they spend just polishing the stainless alone is amazing.

Can't beat MADE IN THE USA either.

Kyle, If you have to ask the price.........:rofl_200:
Good Luck in your search for one....:biglaugh:

Them look nice but they have no price listed which means I probably cant afford it.LOL

I'm sure they're not cheap... They sell to companies like GM, Ford and the like. I believe they have THE or one of THE most powerful tanks out there. They made one a few years ago that was large enough to fit a C6 Vette hood into. They cleaned the hood and other parts before painting. The thing was friggin huge.

They're a good group of people too. Of course you DO get what you pay for, but if you have to be able to pay for what you get... :biglaugh:

I been researching all morning & found a couple people that have the same unit as the first one I posted & seem to be happy with them so I am gonna go with that one. Now the research for the chemical I am gonna use thats really the pain in the ass.

Looks like BW uses an environmentally safe product. I'd try to do the same...
I talked with crest ultrasonics & he is sending me out a free trial on some chemical that is supposed to be enviromental friendly. I guess I will find out in a week or so when I get the chemical & the tank how it all works. I have 2 sets of carbs here right now that need to be rebuilt. I am gonna wait to mess with them untill I get the cleaner in.

Latest posts

Back