v boost switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overzat

Reaction score
does anyone know what wire to ground to run a toggle switch for v boost on/normal operation ?

black out of the 3 piece connector under the scoop.

wow thanks this forum is great

wait hold on i may have mis-read that...

the black wire under the left scoop part of the 3 wire plug will kill power. so u can wait for it to power cycle and click it off and it will stay where it is.

if you meant so that it will open on demand then i don't know off hand but maleko posted it somewhere i think.

you can have my switch as i went to zboost (stock/off/always open) as long as I don't need it for my thermostat. its all set up , just unplug the two black wires from the plastic piece and plug the switch inline and and throw some heat shrink tubing over it.

does anyone have a dyno sheet before and after this mod? the power of the stock vmax is very smooth and linear i wonder by doing this mod will it take the smooth power delivery away. butt dyno's can be deceiving :)

perfect....

so any other retuning required with this mod? wouldn't the bike develop a lean spot if the tboost is activated too soon?

Thanks,
Sid

i just put one in... to be honest it is hard to tell if it is allowing vboost to open at 3k. my bike is bone stock so perhaps that has something to do with it too.

you'll feel it. i'd say especally around 5k-6k theres a lot more, especially with small throttle openings.

you'll feel it. i'd say especally around 5k-6k theres a lot more, especially with small throttle openings.

since it is supposed to open at 6k I shouldn't feel anything different there right? I should feel it at 3k since the t-boost activates the system that soon.

in the installation guide it said to watch the solenoid open at 3k. does anyone have a picture of which solenoid i'm supposed to be looking at?

THanks,
Sid

right, with tboost on (open at 3k) you should feel a way bigger hit around 6k..

don't start ur bike up, but turn the key on and off and listen for the vreeem. vrooom. thats the vboost servo self-testing. now keep doing that and watch between the carbs and see the servo or the wire moving. now watch for that when you are doing your 3k or 6k tests.

question....

i have an 01 so i had to unpin the orange wire off the coil pack. Then i connected the black wire to the orange wire which is no longer in the yellow connector. Then i plugged the yellow connector back into the existing yellow connector...

So in the theory the orange wire never gets connected back into the yellow harness?

Thanks,
Sid

Back