Vboost on 85 vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old fool

Reaction score
This has probably been ask and answered before but I can't find it so here go's. I have an 88 Vmax that I rebuilt the carbs on and now the v-boost is not working. I ran all the test and am fairly sure it is the controller. The factory controller is over $200 and the one from micro something is almost $200 but I read on ebay that a guy in sweden is selling a thing called t-boost. Now my question is does it replace the factory controller or is it used in conjunction with the factory controller. I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter.

Troy Elmore:ummm:

Thank you for your quick reply. Do you know where to get a controller cheap.

Are all the linkages properly attached and working? Does it test when turning bike on?

To all yes it was working before the rebuild. The linkage is free the servo works when you bypass the control unit , there is power going into the controller but the servo won't work when you turn on the key nor when it revs over 6,000 rpm. When riding I can tell it isn't working. CaptainKyle I may take you up on that after I check finances , on electronics I prefer new but I,ve had a bad year so money is a little tight. I will let you know tomorrow. Thanks all for your help.

Flex the box and see if it works. They are common to have loose solder connections inside. That can be fixed by opening up the box, peeling off the coating, and reheating the solder to make a good connection again. This is usually where the wires enter the board.

Sean

I read that some where else and tried twisting turning pushing and pulling nothing happened. As much insulation I can't see ow they could come lose, but the cable going in to the controller was pulled apart from the housing when I started checking things so I might have pulled something apart while working on the bike who knows.

Sean I posted this once but didn't show up so if you see it twice ignore one. I read that somewhere else and I tried flexing ,pulling and pushing the wires and board and nothing happened. The cable that goes through the housing at the rubber grommet was coming out of the housing when I started trouble shooting so I might have pulled something on the controller while I was working on the bike who knows. Thank you for the info thou.

Can't hurt to try and remelt the solder and see what it does!

Sean

Back