VBoost question again

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BothaBoeta

Reaction score
So right now I dont have the servo motor on,mine broke and my mechanic just wired the carbs open.I found a servo motor.
Should I put it back in?
Will it save be a couple of dollars in fuel consuption? And most importantly-will it "tame" the beast a little? Right now on take off,my Max sometimes still scares me if I throttle a little to much(I kinda like that feeling)
What say the experienced riders...please
Cheers
Philip

it will provide less power under 6k for sure. however if your carbs are tuned right for vboost open you won't really gain that much mpg, however if they're not tuned for it open then you'd probably definitely see some gains.

I had thoughts of doing what you have right now. But, I like the milder manner at lower RPM. If I was going to do anything, It would be an adjustable controller with a setting at 4500 and a rev limiter at 8500 or so.

I'd put it back to stock, you'll like it...

I don't think it'll make a huge difference, as fully open you're basically just really over-rich in the low revs. Above 6k it'll always feel the same, but at least under it *should* feel smoother, and possibly better torque too.

It's one of those scenarios that's kind of deceiving. Subjectively, opening the boost valves early (say at 3k like t-boost) makes the bike feel torquier and have better response...kind of tough to describe, but it makes the throttle feel more sensitive.

In reality, you're running rich, making less torque, and wasting gas.

The servo motor is kind of a pain to get to, though. Have to tear pretty much everything out to get at it. If you have stock jetting, putting the servo back in so the valves work right will definitely net you a decent MPG gain.

i would disagree if you have stg 7 or seans jet kit and are dyno tuned for vboost open.. but short of that i agree.

Latest posts

Back