Vboost - toggle switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BowtieFever

Reaction score
I bought another Vmax. The previous owner wired a toggle switch for the VBoost. I believe it puts in on all the time. My question is, when the toggle switch is off...does that mean VBoost is off all the time or will it work like factory stock?

Sore, not much of an electrical guru.

The toggle switch has 2 positions. In/off I assume.

The bike is getting the fork seals replaced right now.

I pick it up Saturday. I will try to post pics of behind the left scoop.

This is what the 3 way T-Boost I have looks like:
attachment.php

Attachments

• figure_1a_Mount_Module_highlighted.jpg
    figure_1a_Mount_Module_highlighted.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 73
The first wire goes to a red/black wire in the white connector that hangs at the bottom. The 2nd wire ties into a grey wire that I believe goes to the 3rd square electrical box on the right that says Yamaha. The third wire goes to a yellow wire that seems to head right towards the VBoost system towards the top of the engine.

Does this make any sense to anybody?

I don't think the bike was jetted to run the VBoost all the time. See the plug. I'd like to put it back to factory. Anyone know what I need to do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 7
This last picture might help. Red and black wires from grey loom come from the switch. One goes to yellow as described above (towards VBoost system). Other wire splits into 3 that goes to black Yamaha box, white connector, and ground (battery).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
So I disconnected the grey wire and put it back into the white connector. Also disconnected the yellow wire and put it in the other side of the white connector. This links the yellow and grey together at the top of the connector. Then I disconnected the link to the red/black wire and removed the ground wire.

Sound good? I hope so.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 6
I don't think the bike was jetted to run the VBoost all the time. See the plug. I'd like to put it back to factory. Anyone know what I need to do?

I don't think that's a vboost issue at all. I run full time boost and have made some changes to accommodate. It's leaner at mid-range and richer up top. But it's not drastic.

I don't think that's a vboost issue. I run full time boost and have made some changes to accommodate. It's leaner at mid-range and richer up top. But it's not drastic and in dire need of jetting changes.

Back