Vmax frame

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oz1961

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if there is a difference between a 1985 and 1999 frame?

After my crash my frame has never felt quite right

I’ve been offered a free frame so wondering if it’s a simple transfer of parts or a real structural difference

Thanks for everyone in advance

One2dmax is the guy who could steer you about this question. In 1996 Yamaha changed the engine block to allow a spin-on oil filter. I believe that there was a frame modification to allow clearance for the now external filter.

One2dmax is the guy who could steer you about this question. In 1996 Yamaha changed the engine block to allow a spin-on oil filter. I believe that there was a frame modification to allow clearance for the now external filter.

That's a replaceable cross-piece with a semicircular relief for the spin-on filter. They added a helmet lock later in the production run, other than those two, I don't know of any significant differences which would prevent a swap.

The main frame section is the same for all years. The spin on was added in 96 which was just a different front brace that can be swapped around. There was a helmet lock too as was mentioned that again can be have that frame section swapped over.

Latest posts

Back