VMAX Vs. Deer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maximo

Reaction score
This last week I was riding to work at about 4:45 AM when I came across every motorcyclist's nightmare.. A fucking deer. I made it through with some road rash and a torn ancle but the bike needs some help! Does anyone have a front fender and fender mount, engine guards and the blinker/horn assymbly for sale? If so can you hit me up on my email: [email protected]

Oh, the deer was hamburger!! :biglaugh:

Glad to your OK and only a few scratches. The bike can always be fixed with the help of all the great members on this forum. Had a scare like that myself but it was an elk :surprise:. I was coming back home from fagstaff. Was able to avoid him by driving on the shoulder of the road and I must have missed him by a foot. Had to pull over and clean my shorts after that.

Glad to your OK and only a few scratches. The bike can always be fixed with the help of all the great members on this forum. Had a scare like that myself but it was an elk :surprise:. I was coming back home from fagstaff. Was able to avoid him by driving on the shoulder of the road and I must have missed him by a foot. Had to pull over and clean my shorts after that.

I caught that....:rofl_200:

Glad your still here mate! That must be our equivalent of a Kangaroo. Sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it.

Amen to that brother...I took an 8 pointer last year...better in my freezer then in the road!!

This last week I was riding to work at about 4:45 AM when I came across every motorcyclist's nightmare.. A fucking deer. I made it through with some road rash and a torn ancle but the bike needs some help! Does anyone have a front fender and fender mount, engine guards and the blinker/horn assymbly for sale? If so can you hit me up on my email: [email protected]

Oh, the deer was hamburger!! :biglaugh:

Has anyone ever mounted those little devices that are suppose to deter deer, and maybe other animals, as you travel the roads. I'm not sure but It must be on the lines of a dog whistle (high pitched), and they're small. Wonder if they work.
??

You might as well buy a lottery ticket as 'SpecOps13' suggested instead of getting a deer whistle. At least you have a 1-in-13 million chance to win something w/a lottery ticket. All the deer whistle does is remove $ from your wallet.

Oh, sure, "well, you don't see any of those around here, (deer) do you? They must work!"

The bass stereo sound from the local teenager's stereo that costs more than his car does is more-likely to deter a deer than the whistle.

High-frequency sound from such a device is relatively uni-directional, w/o much sideways dispersal. Bass is omni-directional, it spreads laterally. That's why the stereo sounds "better" when you stand directly in-front of the speakers in their 'sweet spot' where the high frequencies converge. Think the point of a "V".

A fruitcake city commissioner here in south Florida insisted on equipping all city vehicles w/those pieces of crap. :bang head: She's an "animal lover," by her proclamation, me too, fried, broiled or sashimi. The city caved-in to her waste of time & $, and we don't have any elephant accidents now, either, so they do double-duty! No vampires either...:biglaugh:

One of my dear riding friends from Ceresco, by Battle Creek MI was a large animal vet. He studied the incidence of deer w/tuberculosis which is a problem for the MI herd. He also worked for the U.N. & spent multiple trips in Africa, Somalia actually, and he told me, "there's nothing more-scary than a 12-year-old with a Kalashnikov." This was well-before "Blackhawk Down." He was there helping them to develop better animal husbandry practices for their livestock. We used to ride in enduros all-over southern MI, & hare-scrambles in places like Buchanan. I once ran a Dec. enduro at famous Mt. Garfield, one of the oldest events on the AMA calendar (as the Mt. Garfield hillclimb), since it was on Dec. 7, we called it the "In Memory of Pearl Harbor Enduro." I recall one of those Husky 360's w/the burgundy & polished aluminum tank ripping-by me when I stalled along a powerline right-of-way & sank to the hubs in about a foot of frigid water after I broke through the thin layer of ice, lost forward-momentum, and stopped. "Ice & ice-water shower!"

Has anyone ever mounted those little devices that are suppose to deter deer, and maybe other animals, as you travel the roads. I'm not sure but It must be on the lines of a dog whistle (high pitched), and they're small. Wonder if they work.
??

Back