VMOA - Why?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I detected a slight hint of cultural bias in some feedback to my Sam's Club and Costco suggestion.

e.g. "They provide work for the non-English speaking, non-citizen portion of the community."

My point is compare my observations below and try to appreciate the irony:

Big-box stores: Huge retailers. They import cheap goods from 3rd world countries who's people probably don't speak English and are not USA or Canadian citizens. They hire millions of employees. Random chance is that some of these employees ride VMax's and/or are VMOA members and that those VMOA members' dues give back to the VMOA community. I know I am talking small percentages here but multiply that small percentage across all the countries and the millions of employees of big-box stores and you may have quite a few VMOA members "giving back".

VMOA Store: Small retailer. Sells many items from 3rd world countries. Almost certainly all 100% of the comparably very few employees they hire are VMOA members giving back to the community.

Another point is that biased comments like the one I quoted above may give your foreign VMOA members the impression that this club is the V-Max Owners of America and not a world-wide organization. Or do all the VMOA members worldwide speak English only?

Blaine Williams
Ontario, Canada

The only time I've heard anyone say VMax Owners of America, is from people outside the US.
No one I know has ever referred to VMOA that way. In my opinion it is only used by those against joining the VMOA.
We are a world wide Organization, Look at our Regional Page.
http://www.vmoa.net/xoops/userinfo.php?uid=3Sam Blumenstein is a regular contributor and stays active from Australia.
We have Europe chapters as well.
It is not our fault they don't contribute more.
We try hard to invite everyone to participate more.

"No one I know has ever referred to VMOA that way. In my opinion it is only used by those against joining the VMOA."

I've heard the "America" term from active and former VMOA members alike.

Not really the point I was trying to make tho...I was responding to the "non-English, non-citizen" remark from a VMOA member.

I was pointing out the fact that the VMOA is a world-wide organization and chances are good you have VMOA members that do not speak English as a 1st language and are not US citizens.

Join or don't don't join the VMOA...that's up to the individual.

Blaine Williams
Ontario, Canada

Latest posts

Back