We need to get more exhaust videos!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
We should start making some more exhaust videos.

I will put one together with my Hindle the next few days off.

lol, i was just thinking... my bike has the front end tore apart stripped off everything, its in the lower parking garage! ... no muffler.... it will still fire on the jack stands :punk: let me see how many alarms will go off tommorow!

Agreed! I needs to bungy my 5.1 video camery to me so I can get somethings besides idling.

I love that sound, I wish mine could sound like since one.
The over-racing is quiet on idle, just change of tone and get louder with revs.

I will make one before I cut it :)

Yeah I finally got a decent camera so I will try to get some this year as well. I am also going to the VMOA event in IL so maybe I can get everyone to start their bikes there and get a collage of exhaust sounds.

Chris

I gotta say that I will miss my Mark's Pipes. They were a 4-2 setup. Mine had short cans (12") and large baffles (2.5"). They were definitely loud but the sound was amazing. I think the kerkers sound great too. But, I think the Marks have a better tone at idle.

I see that Jeff made a new video of his turbo charged bike. It sounds kick ass!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yb09DkZ6OU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ6OA8qzeQs
Heres mine. Its a Kerker 4 into 1 with a comp baffle. for the full effect i would suggest turning the volume up as loud as it will go, and you might get the idea of how loud it is:biglaugh: my ears are ringing just thinking about it

Yup! That's just what she sounds like! He rides first and I never have to pass a car....they just pull over!! :rofl_200:

Yup! That's just what she sounds like! He rides first and I never have to pass a car....they just pull over!! :rofl_200:
And at night, under deceleration it spits a couple fire balls. so people never get to close in back either.:eusa_dance: I have agree with Mike on the Marks exhaust at idle. Almost like a small block thumping away as opposed to the Kerkers cackle and pop. Still love them both! Zak

I came out of the bank yesterday and there was a crusty ol' Harley guy and his wife parked next to me.....he couldn't say enough about the '99! How a buddy of his had one back in '92 and when he drove it it scared the shit out of him, "prolly the fastest bike ever made!"
Then said he would love to hear it...I fired it up and he says, "It sounds like a Lotus!!"

Never heard that description before, but it does have that exotic "excessive power" sound, kinda!

Pretty cool guy....not the reaction I normally get around here. :punk:

usually they run away screaming from you dan right:rofl_200:
at least he didnt call it a daisy :ummm:

The Max seems to get a fair amount of respect from the HD guys around here.

I have heard this line a ton of times: "V Max, huh....What year is it? I had one of those back in (insert late 80s year here).....fastest bike I have ever owned."

Those that don't like it normally just steer clear. I have never heard a bad comment.

The Max seems to get a fair amount of respect from the HD guys around here.

I have heard this line a ton of times: "V Max, huh....What year is it? I had one of those back in (insert late 80s year here).....fastest bike I have ever owned."

Those that don't like it normally just steer clear. I have never heard a bad comment.

Diddo! I also get the "stories"...

Like yeah my buddy had one and the radiator's so big that at speeds over 130 the front wheel would lift off... THAT was a good one... I've gone faster with NO issues... :biglaugh: (of course all testing was done on a closed course track)

Back