What a difference a dyno makes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnpclynch

Reaction score
Last years dyno, not even 90bhp... running WAY too rich
P1040285b.JPG

Todays dyno, over 118bhp... PERFECT jetting :eusa_dance:
P1040283b.JPG

Difference between them is an open airbox & a jet kit from Sean Morley

The jetting was so bad last year that the guy doing the dyno almost puked because of the fumes

Now it rides like all VMaxes should :punk:

P1040276b.JPG

If the bike is struggling it won't get to RPM on the dyno. They probably ran it one gear down just to get it to pull on the slower speed one.

Sean

that a/f curve is real purdy. doesn't look like he suffers from that 4 -6 k rpm rich dip that sean said is pretty common with these bikes (and I have on mine)

You can change out the PAJ2 under the diaphram to smooth out any rich dips. there should have been 177.5's in the kit for that use.

Sean

You can change out the PAJ2 under the diaphram to smooth out any rich dips. there should have been 177.5's in the kit for that use.

Sean

still a dip even with the 177.5's. i need to get dyno'd again tho. actually tboost cleared up a lot of the dip, but it still went way rich at like 3k and from 4k - 6k was in the 12:1 range.

thats old news tho. i have 160 mains instead of 162.5's now so i need to get re-dyno'd.

Back