What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finished my seat this morning.......

Attachments

• 20150304_084303.jpg
    20150304_084303.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 22
  • ATT_1425436271891_20150303_184737.jpg
    ATT_1425436271891_20150303_184737.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20150304_085017.jpg
    20150304_085017.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 23
I am thinking of inserting a gel seat from wal-fart in my seat. They sell an EVO gel seat cover for $15..........

Attachments

• gel seat.jpg
    gel seat.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 11
Attempted to sync my carbs with a homemade "coke bottle" synchronizer. Notice i said "attempted" because all it wanted to do was suck the bottles flat. Back to the drawing board.

Played the carburetor synchronization game today. :eusa_dance:

I got it set up. I had a couple V-Max's before, and I remembered how easy the access is to sync the carbs. I wish all bikes were this easy.

new starter came in, ricks starter model 61-412 4 pole

Attachments

• new pics 264.jpg
    new pics 264.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 8
  • new pics 265.jpg
    new pics 265.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 11
Bought a belly pan. Got it all fit today and inside of it painted. Now to get the outside covered and I'll be good to go.

Order a new clutch master cylinder this morning. I think a just about replace all the manger parts with new. I think. old master cylinder is ok. Just like to have new.

Should been in next week.

I'm looking in to replacing the rear wheel to.....

It was beautiful out Yesterday so I done some cleaning on the other 85 & bled clutch & brakes & then Pulled the carbs off Christine's 85 & gave them a good cleaning. I just need to go out & sync them now but its cold & my back is killing me so im not working today. I will sync them & change the fork seals tomorrow.

-Mod-ed the goofy bottom intake tubes of the airbox to try and get them to seal better.

- Installed this little digital volt meter wired to the blue ignition switch wire and mounting bolt for a ground so it turns on and off with the key. Just a little cheepie thing but works great so far. (ignore the wire, that's just my charging cord for the handlebar phone mount I have rigged there on the left, the wiring for the volt meter is all hidden behind the the wires for the speedo)

...Oh yeah and also had my carb slide covers chromed so got to put those on. Shiny!

20150304_153123.jpg

Got my afr screw oring n washer from dannymax today (thanks Danny!) and some waterless bike cleaner to try out.

Put on some chrome flame decals today. Sure, not everybody likes flames, but I do. :biglaugh:

The front fender might be a little much. Those might not last long.

DSC_0075_zpslwqey9ta.jpg

Decals_fender_zpscemem1va.jpg

I was at work when the carbs come back in from Danny. I got them onlast night, and sync'd everything today.

Here is a video after the sync.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_SdbW07RS8

Ive been out and about on the bike. VERY SMOOTH. I haven't hooked up the A/F meter yet, and I haven't really gotten on it, due to the sand on the roads, but as soon as it clears up.....I will definitely get that Data.

I'm gonna try and get the bike dyno'd next weekend.

Back