What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmm, Kerker's sweet sounds!
I wonder what mine will sound like this year?:ummm:

I always have liked the Kerker sound but never had a set on any of my Max's I always seem to go with the Super Trap sets. I guess I am partial to the sound but the looks too

I always have liked the Kerker sound but never had a set on any of my Max's I always seem to go with the Super Trap sets. I guess I am partial to the sound but the looks too
I really like the Kerker sound but not the visual configuration, IMO lacks symmetry. This is what lead me to Marks exhaust, which have a great sound of their own. IMO a very good looking 4 into 2 with crossover exhaust system and the balance from side to side that I like.

Marks not installed 1.jpg

I wonder if those cans would fit into my Ufo pipes... it would definately be an improvement in the sound department, lol. Ive always been a fan of Yoshimuras sound but they dont make anything for our bikes and i havent had the funds to get a pair to adapt to my pipes, lol. On another note, i got my headlight relay kit from eastern beaver installed last night and started cleaning up my motor. Spring better get here soon damn it, im getting an itchy throttle hand!!!!

I wonder if those cans would fit into my Ufo pipes... it would definately be an improvement in the sound department, lol. Ive always been a fan of Yoshimuras sound but they dont make anything for our bikes and i havent had the funds to get a pair to adapt to my pipes, lol. On another note, i got my headlight relay kit from eastern beaver installed last night and started cleaning up my motor. Spring better get here soon damn it, im getting an itchy throttle hand!!!!

They might fit your pipes. I remember Fire Medic having a thread about changing the canisters on his Dragstar.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=31804

You could always get exhaust pipe adapters make up it the diameters don't match up.

I synched the carbs, changed the spark plugs, oil + filter and checked the tire pressures. I'm going to take the bike out for a spin tomorrow, no matter what.

FOund out why the '85 was parked in a container and sold for 500 bucks with less than 10k :bang head::bang head:

1. Bent exhaust valve
2. 2nd gear

this is aggravating, I wanted this to be easy but is anything both cheap AND easy?:ummm::confused2::ummm::confused2:

I changed the oil today, and decided to do some testing with the A/F meter. As yall know....I recently got my carbs rebuilt by Danny. He did a great job. During the rebuild, he found several issues, that would have made me run rich.

So....with nothing else changed....no jetting changes....no needle changes....no A/F screw changes....i was curious how much of a difference it would make.

Before...Idle A/F was 13.2-13.5.....Now..13.8-14.2

3000 RPM...Before....13.5-13.8.....Now 14.5-15.9

70 mph..approx 4800 RPM...before 11.9-12.1....Now 14-14.5

Now on deceleration, I get that nice LEAN burble....with the occasional pop. The A/F is between 16 and 18....although I have seen even 19.

Before...at about 40 mph, 5th gear, and WOT down to 9.8...Now 10.3-10.4.

So, it will be interesting to see what the next dyno run will be like.

Who can help me with this....:confused2:....my front two cylinders are firing good.....rear right cylinder fires when i spray a little carb cleaner in the carb. but the rear left does not fire. Took out the spark plug , started the engine and I have good spark. Where to start ?

Who can help me with this....:confused2:....my front two cylinders are firing good.....rear right cylinder fires when i spray a little carb cleaner in the carb. but the rear left does not fire. Took out the spark plug , started the engine and I have good spark. Where to start ?
You really need to start your own thread for that issue.
This is the "What did you do to your Vmax today?" thread.

Install clutch master cylinder, use the vacuum pump to bleed the system. just under 1.5min lever grabs right at the top. Change oil and filter, Check bolts all around the bike for tightness. Check front and rear brakes, Coolant level, Syc carbs, Brake fluid levels, Check tire pressures, Check fork oil level, Check all carb boots,

Also question clutch master cylinder that was order did not have this little lip that fits under the lights housing.. Also it was kinda loss on the handlebar. I had to rap the handlebar with leather strip so the clutch master cylinder fit tight.

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg