What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a few more miles on the bike today and made two discoveries. I forgot to torq the front caliper bolts :surprise::surprise: I felt a clunk when I came to a stop. I pulled into a parking lot and the left caliper had nearly fallen off! Oops. The second discovery was that the starter is a dud and it doesn't like to start when the bike is hot. I made this discovery sitting in traffic. I stalled the bike and had to push it off to the side of the road where It eventually fired up. I just happen to have a spare on a parts motor so problem solved. Hopefully that's it for gremlins the bike runs and performs great!

I put a few more miles on the bike today and made two discoveries. I forgot to torq the front caliper bolts :surprise::surprise: I felt a clunk when I came to a stop. I pulled into a parking lot and the left caliper had nearly fallen off! Oops. The second discovery was that the starter is a dud and it doesn't like to start when the bike is hot. I made this discovery sitting in traffic. I stalled the bike and had to push it off to the side of the road where It eventually fired up. I just happen to have a spare on a parts motor so problem solved. Hopefully that's it for gremlins the bike runs and performs great!
Opps !
Glad to hear you got it worked out and running strong though !

Progress towards having moosicks on Woona is being made. Speaker housings are coming along nicely.

20150723_222615_zpsbfygkq7n.jpg

20150723_222537_zps6vpun2yv.jpg

Just installed my new Morley's Muscle seat and the replacement V-boost controller. The seat has a couple of bad dimples in it from the packing, if they pop out, I will be very happy. Took it for a ride and love having V-boost again and the seat is comfy.

Matt

New paint and a stripe, always make a bike go faster. This is Satin Lagoon...

Attachments

• DSCN2028.jpg
    DSCN2028.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN2030.jpg
    DSCN2030.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN2032.jpg
    DSCN2032.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 34
ordered a new odessy pc680 to replace my original pc680. it was 10 yrs old and when load tested it still had 160 cca. the crazy thing is when searching for the new one seems most of the new ones are 170 cca. its listed as a pc680p. finally found the 220 cca from a battery dealer in FL for $112.00.
http://www.pc680.com/index.html
I know it's pricey but if it makes it 10 years :eusa_dance:. the ones I've seen here on the forum with the tabs just don't look very sturdy. time with tell with all that purchased them. hope they hold up for their buyers.
later, bill

Dimples in seat are getting better. It's winter here and I'm sure when I ride it a bit more and it gets warmer they will go away completely. Sean even refunded the difference in the shipping. I'm very happy with the product and the service. Just a couple of more things I need for the bike now.:hmmm:
Matt

Attachments

• Morley seat.jpg
    Morley seat.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 24
ordered a new odessy pc680 to replace my original pc680. it was 10 yrs old and when load tested it still had 160 cca. the crazy thing is when searching for the new one seems most of the new ones are 170 cca. its listed as a pc680p. finally found the 220 cca from a battery dealer in FL for $112.00.
http://www.pc680.com/index.html
I know it's pricey but if it makes it 10 years :eusa_dance:. the ones I've seen here on the forum with the tabs just don't look very sturdy. time with tell with all that purchased them. hope they hold up for their buyers.
later, bill
If you mean the APX12220 (420 CCA):
http://www.apexbattery.com/apex-battery-apx12220-12-volt-22-ah-battery.html

My UB12180 (283 CCA) has the same design and is made by the same company (UPG) and is 9 years old and still going strong.
I've never had an issue with it at all and it even survived my crash into a ditch at 35-40 mph a few years ago.
http://www.apexbattery.com/universal-ub12180-12v-18ah-sealed-lead-acid-ba.html

Dimples in seat are getting better. It's winter here and I'm sure when I ride it a bit more and it gets warmer they will go away completely. Sean even refunded the difference in the shipping. I'm very happy with the product and the service. Just a couple of more things I need for the bike now.:hmmm:
Matt

That is a good looking bike.

Matt

Great looking bike, Matt! Love that colour.
Couldn't help but notice the fire in the background. Are you waiting for your billy to boil? :biglaugh:

Rejet my carbs - up to 152.5 from 150s. Plugs looked a bit white and some exhaust popping on decel. Test run then see where I need to set the needles. Some really nice weather here the last week!
Dale

Great looking bike, Matt! Love that colour.
Couldn't help but notice the fire in the background. Are you waiting for your billy to boil? :biglaugh:

Bushfire season is really bad here in the summer so I try to burn off as much as possible every winter. I usually have 2 or 3 piles of debris burning several times a week. I'm on 6 acres and the oil in Gum tree leaves is like petrol. Thanks for the comment on the bike, I painted it myself.

Matt

Put 100 miles on running around trying to find my son a Captain America mask for his birthday. Havent done that much since before he was born, lol.

Rode mine to town today and it barely started when I got back on to come home. When I got home and shut it off it wouldn't start at all, no charging. I'm going to "electrical" to get advice.

Matt

Re-jetted down to 145 from 150. I never realized that the second time you install jets it only takes 15-20 minutes.

The 2nd time is so much easier. I was amazed when I saw jets changed (my first time seeing that) inbetween dyno runs in the parking lot in Topeka KS.

Took the 95 out for a spin this weekend. Still not sure what all has been done to it. I will stay that my 90 gets way better MPG. I averaged like 24 this weekend.. guess I will be checking what needle is in it and what size main jet.. She might be getting a smaller jet...lol

The 2nd time is so much easier. I was amazed when I saw jets changed (my first time seeing that) inbetween dyno runs in the parking lot in Topeka KS.

I recall you telling me about that. It's all done and tuned but I wont be able to actually ride it until Sturgis Rally is over. The roads are pretty clogged up.

I took this down time to put on the Slipstream SS Viper windscreen.

Back