What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Self explanatory really

Changed footrests for the slightly more rear position set, and finished painting the scabby good recess cuts in black rather than the tired looking (and half gone) gold.

Attachments

• IMG_8708.jpg
    IMG_8708.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8709.jpg
    IMG_8709.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8651.jpg
    IMG_8651.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 27
Been about two to three weeks with the voodoo 4 2 2 exhaust. Loud, but I like the sound, the oil leak with the four into one went away, no more oil on top of the left side case area. Hmmm, not even a drop. Now I have to have to say this, there was more power with the old exhaust, do I miss it, not even, it was just a little loss. Now I could use some not so loud mufflers but aint into droppin another 500 bucks just yet. So, I went to church tonight and a 12 year old boy jumps in front of the bike with his tounge sticking out, all brakes, steering wheel on the left stop and me jumping on the left leg. Bike hit the ground with no speed, bent the clutch handle, mirror, and road rash on the new vodoo shorty, left side. Bent the clutch handle back. bent the mirror back, used some mothers metal polish on the shorty, took several hits on the starter to crank, some smoke on the left pipe, burnt off the excess fuel, and all is well. No I did not the the devil out of the kid but gave him some solid advice, motorcycle, 700 pounds, kid under front wheel; not good for you and not good for me. I did not hit him with the bike or an open hand.

Your a better man than me... that kid wouldve got all the ass whoopins his parents never gave him over the couse of his life, all within the span of MAYBE 20 seconds!!!!

Doubled down and bought another. (rode it to work yesterday, back on the Venture today, 34 degrees...)

The new one also has Kosman + radials.

Doubled down and bought another. (rode it to work yesterday, back on the Venture today, 34 degrees...)

A vmax is like a Lay's potato chips. You can't have just one.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Just as a point of information for our uninformed members, what's it like going from riding the bias-ply bike, to immediately hopping onto the radial-tired bike?

What do you notice about low speed handling, higher-speed handling, and then VBoosted handling? Stability in a straight line, going around curves, right-to-left transitions (and vice-versa), moderate braking, emergency braking, smooth vs. broken pavement, potholes, bumps, slick intersections w/the oil,fuel, water deposits, wet vs. dry pavement...

If someone said, "here's $1,000 but you have to spend it on your bike only!" would you choose to "go radials," if you could do it for that price?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Just as a point of information for our uninformed members, what's it like going from riding the bias-ply bike, to immediately hopping onto the radial-tired bike?

What do you notice about low speed handling, higher-speed handling, and then VBoosted handling? Stability in a straight line, going around curves, right-to-left transitions (and vice-versa), moderate braking, emergency braking, smooth vs. broken pavement, potholes, bumps, slick intersections w/the oil,fuel, water deposits, wet vs. dry pavement...

If someone said, "here's $1,000 but you have to spend it on your bike only!" would you choose to "go radials," if you could do it for that price?

Inquiring minds want to know...

I just dropped $2700 on rims and tires and would do it again right now. It's a different bike. Spools up faster. Digs in harder. Brakes better. Suspension is much improved (and I have racetech front and progressive rear).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean's Carrozzerias are certainly the max-bling and lightness factor, but by replacing the rear wheel w/a modded one, you can run radials F & R for $1000 if you go w/a 17" rear rim. You can use the stock front rim, though its width isn't optimal. I and a lot of other people call it the biggest change in VMax dynamics you can make.

I just dropped $2700 on rims and tires and would do it again right now. It's a different bike. Spools up faster. Digs in harder. Brakes better. Suspension is much improved (and I have racetech front and progressive rear).

man I almost did not spend that much on the bike

man I almost did not spend that much on the bike

True...but my bike is mine. Nobody else gets to have it. You cannot go out and buy it. You must build it. To me, that is worth more than any new, fancy, super duper anything.

I could have bought a gen2, no problem...but that is not the bike I fell in love with in 1985.

True...but my bike is mine. Nobody else gets to have it. You cannot go out and buy it. You must build it. To me, that is worth more than any new, fancy, super duper anything.

I could have bought a gen2, no problem...but that is not the bike I fell in love with in 1985.

u the man, I have been on this 86 for five months and do not want to drive anything else

It sat for almost a month, fired it right up and damn it felt good to get back on. Also swapped out the highway peg brackets from Refined Cycle. One of them lost the anodized finish and became bare metal, nobody knows why but he was super quick to send out a replacement set, decent cust service there.

Got the title for Blue bayou that I won at Thunder. Rode to work- cold and wet. Noticed front turn marker light and front left signal/ and are not working. Also rear brake is not putting the brake light on. Looks like more electrical work for me along with carb tuning. Just need a nice garage to work in this winter. Still need to make room for both bikes in the shed.. It's gonna be a long weekend of catching up.

Check the bulb socket shells for corrosion, and the contacts. Also inspect and probably clean their grounds. Do not forget to check the filaments for continuity either.

Your plunger switch for the rear brake may not be actuating the switch due to being stuck, manually actuating it and some WD-40 will probably make that functional, if the switch is otherwise good. Is the spring hooked-up, or has it lost its tension? Does it pull the switch open enough to actuate?

Got my tool tube mounted... It's actually a couple inches further back and up than in the pic so the center stand will clear.

Attachments

• 20151016_223526.jpg
    20151016_223526.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 20151016_223504.jpg
    20151016_223504.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 20151016_223738.jpg
    20151016_223738.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 45
Got my tool tube mounted... It's actually a couple inches further back and up than in the pic so the center stand will clear.

Nifty idea, Dave !
What I've realized over the years, when on trips - the more tools you carry, the less likely you are to ever have to use them!
I think this may even be an undocumented law of physics. Whatever.........
Another thing - in the spirit of a recent thread and posts, there is another reason why some folks may be interested in your mod.
There may be some owners that prefer the 4-1 exhaust arrangement (for the real or imagined horsepower or torque gains), BUT don't care for the asymmetrical appearance of a single can (marketing people have seemed to have realized this, which is why most promotional photos of assymetricals are taken from the can side).
Sooooo, why not just install a tool tube which mirrors the appearance of the can on the other side? It could even be equipped with its own faux header pipe!
Is this idea just too bizarre, too out of the box?
Or perhaps I'm still basking in the glory of the Blue Jays win last night,:clapping: and just not thinking with a full deck????:ummm:
Cheers!

Back