What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed COPS mod and a headlight cut off switch:

2nulwsy.jpg

jrpv2u.jpg

Here is a shot of the new headlight. first pic is low beam the second and third are high beam, while making sure all is fitting right. Had to take the picture from a different angle, the light was washing out the pic.

No more pics until the mods are complete. Have to be a little bit lazy :biglaugh:

Attachments

• 20160116_214603.jpg
    20160116_214603.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20160116_214614.jpg
    20160116_214614.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 46
  • 20160116_214833.jpg
    20160116_214833.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 44
How's the beam coverage in the dark? I'm very close to making this switch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pushing it outside at night, the beam seems nice and straight, with the high beams on it widens up pretty well, but still straight. I'm going to angle the driving lights off to the sides of the road to get better coverage.

Looking forward to seeing that finished front end KJ, its looking good already!

Thanks, it's starting to come together like I want it to. I ended up calling an audible and pulled my speedo/tach. I wired it in to be plugged and unplugged to for tuning I'll plug it in to use the tach. I'm going to use my Galaxy S6's gps and speedometer app for the speedometer. been testing it for a couple of months now and it works pretty sweet, and pretty accurate. When you punch it, there is a small lag in the display, but c'mon, when you hammer the Vmax are you really looking at the speedo? My shift light comes on 500 below redline so I'm not too worried about being tachless. Only think I'm going to have to go is get another fuel gauge.

Pushing it outside at night, the beam seems nice and straight, with the high beams on it widens up pretty well, but still straight. I'm going to angle the driving lights off to the sides of the road to get better coverage.

Very cool,man. Thanks for the link. I thinks this mighty be a better bet than my other idea. "Winter" might not be as bad/long this year. A more simple swap might be best.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know I said no more pictures. But here are a couple more. I'm done for the day, turn signals relocated and I'm now considering different places to mount the driving lights. I'm glad I'm using the double scoops, the added width fills out the front of the bike nicely.

I'm definitely going to do something different than use the rammount x-grip for the cell phone, The design doesn't allow it to lock into place, it will still move about 15% right and left. So I bought another cell case and I'm going to mount one of ram's mounts to it, that way I can just pop it in and use the x-grips safety unit on it and it will not only be more solid, but look cleaner too.

All and all, I feel things are moving ahead nicely.

Attachments

• Cell phone speedo.JPG
    Cell phone speedo.JPG
    260.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Fatwing.JPG
    Fatwing.JPG
    274.4 KB · Views: 46
Thanks. They are 6-pot Sumitimos off a 1997 YZF750. They also came on the last couple years of FZR1000s. They are direct bolt up to 1993+ VMAXs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who will you be using to machine the hub out?

Not 100% sure. I have a buddy that teaches CNC and is a allied trades warrant officer... He make me little projects. Plus I am pretty broke... Could end up being a year or two down the road... Main goal is getting both bike running right, then clean them up...

New control switches, I need to get a blow dryer to help with the stiff wiring.
Its a little scary turning lock to lock with a new loom running through the old
and hard to find ignition switch cover. They do clean up the luv handles.

Attachments

• 20150816_134237.jpg
    20150816_134237.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 43
Changed my fuel filter and inspected my fuel tank for corrosion. I'm surprised the bike ran; filter was chock full of rust. Next order of business it to get the rust sediment out of the bottom of the tank.
15af46b39b6887f983e802dba32bd9fb.jpg

New control switches, I need to get a blow dryer to help with the stiff wiring.
Its a little scary turning lock to lock with a new loom running through the old
and hard to find ignition switch cover. They do clean up the luv handles.
I like that dash.

Latest posts

Back