What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too, they give it a 1960's/early '70's appearance, before the 'long-travel suspension revolution,' like a desert sled.
ClickHandler.ashx

Made some room to work on the bike, been setting-up a shop in my garage and 'it's getting there.'

Love the fork gaiters, I am purchasing them today

COO had a brake bar for $25. Normally $65 so I figured what the hell. Looks pretty good in there.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455289923.600233.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455289948.515791.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bar looks good.
Not to be a dick but the brake line routing leaves a bit to be desired

How so?

I mean, I could run it through the coils on my shock or into the spokes on my rim.

Do you have some magical way of violating Pauli's exclusion principle?

How did you run yours? I assume you have the exact same set-up and thus know what the clearances are.

Thank you :)

1. I'll take another picture when I pull it all apart again showing a side-profile of the bolts. It was the easiest way to index the bolt locations without having to remember individual lengths. (I don't think there is that much variation, but this was my first Vmax cover pull)

2. I might just try some colored split loom on the COPs to have them stand out. Maybe red or yellow?
I just did a set of cops for another member and he used this from summit racing
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tay-38840?seid=srese1&gclid=CJmu9-Xd8soCFYkCaQodreIHqw

How so?

I mean, I could run it through the coils on my shock or into the spokes on my rim.

Do you have some magical way of violating Pauli's exclusion principle?

How did you run yours? I assume you have the exact same set-up and thus know what the clearances are.

Sorry if I offended you. That wasn't the intention.

You have a nice looking bike. It's just my opinion that different routing of that brake line would look better. See the link for an example. http://exactrep.com/acatalog/Rear-Brake-Hanger-Bracket-85B.html#SID=22

I do not have Same setup as you. I am running an under slung R1 caliper. If you're interested in how I ran mine feel free to check my album in the gallery.

I ran all new Galfer lines. I bought them thru Sean. They were all custom length due to a USD conversion and +3 swingarm with R1 caliper. After final assembly I found that the clutch line was just slightly longer than what I would consider ideal.

I contacted Galfer and they said they would shorten it and crimp on a new end for a very nominal fee. $5.00 IIRC. I did have to pay shipping both ways but again, it was very minimal.

That route will not work because my shock is too wide. That red lines is +3.5" over stock so I could route it the way I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give us another shot of that template zeus, this time showing the length of the bolts. Nice job. Thanks to you all my cops now have split loom on the wires and coils.:clapping:

They are all the same length iirc M6x35. The lower one on mid gear has a copper crush washer that's all.

Of the 11 bolts on the starter clutch cover, all are listed as Part Number 9011006138. Of the 6 on the mid gear rear cover, 4 are P/N 9131706025. The two that hold the shifter plate are longer and have an unthreaded shoulder. Didn't find a P/N for those, but the copper crush washer is 9020106X09.

Cheers,

Z.

They are all the same length iirc M6x35. The lower one on mid gear has a copper crush washer that's all.

Thank you zeus, I was trying to make it easier for others due to your making of the templates. I used to do that after reading" Zen and the art of motorcycle mechanics" as a kid and still use it today. Much appreciated for your effort.

Of the 11 bolts on the starter clutch cover, all are listed as Part Number 9011006138. Of the 6 on the mid gear rear cover, 4 are P/N 9131706025. The two that hold the shifter plate are longer and have an unthreaded shoulder. Didn't find a P/N for those, but the copper crush washer is 9020106X09.

Cheers,

Z.

Yes you are right. I forgot about the shifter bracket as I haven't run one in years. Lol
The stator cover I guess are 38mm instead of 35 which is odd. The middle gear cover should be then 25mm and 2 with the extra length for the shifter bracket

Last edited:
Started and actually considered a short ride...(45 degrees today) Instead decided to start whiskey barrel trailer project.

Attachments

• IMG_2014.jpg
    IMG_2014.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2015.jpg
    IMG_2015.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2016.jpg
    IMG_2016.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 26
Today I took my vmax from an 11.85 volt idle (and draining the battery quickly) to a 12.85-13.0 volt steady idle. All thanks to the nice charging troublshoot write up by RaWarrior, I cant thank you enough for this thread!

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=19108

Weather in Wisconsin hit 45 today so after my charging problem was resolved, I took the max out on our first true ride together. It was nice gettin on the saddle after working on the bike since last October.

I took off a bunch of parts. Driving lights, huge windshield, turn signal relocating brackets, rear rack and mounts (cracked mounts -- pissed), aux tank, gps mount... All gone back into the boxes to go on something else. Project Untour the V-max has begun.

Latest posts

Back