What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bike is not charging properly again, I'm unhappy with the parts I got from Rick's less than 2,000 miles ago. Time to diagnose - I suspect it will be the RR. If so, I think I'll get a 2003 R1 RR from Yamaha this time around.
Please share your charging (or not charging) symptoms, diagnoses, and conclusions, Mr. Pete.
I think my charging system is not normal, but I'd like to hear your experiences before I order any parts. I installed a Rick's stator about 15000 miles ago.
Cheers!

The bike is not charging properly again, I'm unhappy with the parts I got from Rick's less than 2,000 miles ago. Time to diagnose - I suspect it will be the RR. If so, I think I'll get a 2003 R1 RR from Yamaha this time around.
Please share your charging (or not charging) symptoms, diagnoses, and conclusions, Mr. Pete.
I think my charging system is not normal, but I'd like to hear your experiences before I order any parts. I installed a Rick's stator about 15000 miles ago.
Cheers!

I'll be happy to do so, but it will be next week at the soonest. Right now it's only putting out 12.4 when hot. I followed the instructions in the thread about replacing the RR and ran the wiring from the RR directly to the battery. It should be pretty easy to troubleshoot.

I'll be happy to do so, but it will be next week at the soonest. Right now it's only putting out 12.4 when hot. I followed the instructions in the thread about replacing the RR and ran the wiring from the RR directly to the battery. It should be pretty easy to troubleshoot.

Pete it is best to run a 30 amp fuse inline to the battery.

I just went out and confirmed, that's what I did. It's 2" - 3" from the battery. Thanks guys, for looking out for my best interest! :punk:

Put on some miles this weekend. First good ride this year. Been way too busy, as usual.

Was great to get out!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

After months of looking for a new place, then moving and unpacking, I'm finally able to spend some time riding (besides to and from work). I saw my 2002 turn 10,000 miles this morning, after a nice after-work ride. So that's 3200 miles since I bought it last October.

I still haven't put on the front progressive springs with the 1 inch drop, the polished front fork sliders, or the rear-sets yet. This will happen once the garage has been unpacked and organized. I'm finally committed to getting the Hayabusa front brakes, sometime this fall hopefully.

You might even see more posts from me again! :eusa_dance:

And probably more big-ass pictures like these (size reduced 4 times!).
15yeqg4.jpg

11s124g.jpg

Steve-O rode over from Cape Cod and helped me change my starter clutch to one of those 6 pin HD starter clutches from Ideal Engine Parts. I say helped me but in reality I helped him. He knocked that job out in record time and he does some mighty meticulous work. He took it for a shakedown ride while I got back to my regular job. I'll get my ride tonight.

Happy Trails to all.

Steve-O rode over from Cape Cod and helped me change my starter clutch to one of those 6 pin HD starter clutches from Ideal Engine Parts. I say helped me but in reality I helped him. He knocked that job out in record time and he does some mighty meticulous work. He took it for a shakedown ride while I got back to my regular job. I'll get my ride tonight.

Happy Trails to all.

Hey looking forward to seeing yall both at Danny's if it can be done.

Hey looking forward to seeing yall both at Danny's if it can be done.

+1, it's been too long. Can't wait to meet up.
Thanks for the kind words guys. Christian, You did your part too. Now if I learn to ever cook half as well as you, that'll be doing something. Glad I could help my Bro out.
Steve-o

I finished replacing the parts that were damaged when I had the mishap in my garage. while my Vmax was apart I installed a battery tender and the connection is tucked away in the side cover for this winter.

I also installed the fan over ride mod, it works perfectly so now I am just waiting for my knee to heal and my seat that I ordered. Once the seat arrives and my knee is totally healed I hope there is some riding time left this year.

Went for a ride today after mowing the lawn (first in 2 wks due to rain and first time since memorial day, lol), and noticed my fan wasnt coming on. This has happend before and could find nothing wrong. I do have a fan override switch. I checked all connections, tested the fan, everything looks good. Could my switch or sensor be going?

Changed out that crappy LED catseye taillight for a catseye light that usesa genuine light bulb. The LED board failed, and half the lights didn't work.It looks exactly like the LED lamp, but works...

Rotated my rear tire , it's been a while!

I read your post wrong and instead of "Rotated" I thought you typed "Roasted" I figured your rear tire was due for a new one so you were going to have a massive burn out.

I'm glad I read your post again and realized you said "Rotated" instead of "Roasted" your rear tire......LOL

A mistake like that wouldn't have help me any, I make enough goof ups without adding a reply about you roasting your rear tire. Hope your rotated tire goes well.

Back