What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sure made for a crazy end if the day. Got the bike towed to the house, put the bike on a jack and rotated the rear wheel just a hair at a time in the opposite direction after cutting it open and pulling out my gym clothes (that's as much as I could get it to go due to the resistance caused by the bag). Got the bag out, zero damage to the bike. Even the rear tire is in good shape, no flat spot so I guess it was a really slow roll vs a complete lock up.

Bag is toast, trusty old iPod nano display is cracked but it still plays! Covered it in duct tape to keep it from cutting me and plan to keep using it lol. Headphones are mangled, gym shorts done, shirt ripped up, boxers and socks good as new.

Just glad both myself and the bike were completely unscathed.

You just never know what the unexpected will bring. Years ago riding in a pack with one of my brothers and some friends, a basketball came bouncing out onto the road. We were doing around 30mph and the ball somehow got lodged under the frame on my brothers bike. It lifted the front end just enough that he didn't have any steering control. Luck was on his side and he managed to stay upright for about 30 feet and the ball popped. Glad you managed to keep it upright and avoid an injury to yourself and damage to your bike.

THE UNEXPECTED:
Was riding at night with my gal in Albuquerque around 2005 coming down San Mateo Blvd. near Kirtland AFB doing about 40. Saw something dark in the road and hit the brakes. Too late to swerve. Ran smack into a flat black Kerker 4-1 motorcycle header! Front wheel went over it but it got jammed between the floorboards, frame and the back of the front tire of my Fatboy. Did not go down, but was stuck in the middle of Friday night traffic due to the locked steering situation. Hit the flashers and after thinking for a few seconds on what to do, I put the kickstand down and pushed the right handlebar up to tip the bike up to get the front wheel off the ground. She was able to hold the balance on the kickstand and rear tire while I stomped on the header and got it free. Got to the side of the road and tossed the header into the shrubs. Another pucker moment.

if you hit a vmax kerker let me now :biglaugh:
glad you didnt fall down,i dont like night cruising because of the low visibility...

on a more positive side and to get on topic:
yesterday installed some denso cops. bike is a carbon model so no resistors were installed(its ok,right?)

started fine,no more small backfire warming up and now i have all 4 cylinders at idle when hot.
synch carbs and idle is good now,and with a very nice lope.
sounds like a dragster,with tach needle bouncing like it has some agressive cams:punk:

dont know if its how a normal bike should sound but always did that when on all 4.

i am a happy guy now:eusa_dance:

on a more positive side and to get on topic:
yesterday installed some denso cops. bike is a carbon model so no resistors were installed(its ok,right?)

Yep, the only ignition that appears to require resistors is the dyna ignitions.

Put some new signals on with a decent shorty wind screen. IMG_1973.jpgIMG_1974.jpg
83cbd8007f482c82e4c10302f209f5b2.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We still sell the resistors for all the versions but the OEM boxes (for sure the 90-07) seem to be more durable.

Nope, price is pretty good, thought the link was for front and rear but I'm sure you can find the other match. I like them so far.

Got my new tires today. I've been running the Metzler Interacts for a long time now. This is my 5th set. They are some very sticky rubber. I asked the Motorcycle Superstore what country they were made in. They said Germany, which was what I wanted to hear. But, they are stamped China on the sidewall where the country of origin is located. They look the same, but I don't like bad information. I'll see how they balance up. $177 shipped is very cheap. The back tire list at more than the total of both, in some stores. I'll know when I take my first twistie after break-in, if I'm keeping them. Our economy doesn't stand a chance competing with China.
Steve-o

Nice looking lights, for sure.

Thank you sir. Been a battle finding some I like, these are my 5th or 6th set. I like em. And motorcycle superstore is where it's at. Cheap cheap prices on tired. Picked my shinks up from there. Love em so far and the balanced up very well.

Did the cbr tail light mod tonight. Like it a lot. IMG_1983.jpgIMG_1984.jpg

I'm pleased with it. I'm going to weld the bracket with my welder at work. Where the cuts were made is getting a bead. only have Flux for the one at home and that's not the best to weld with.

Back